How do I resize a template?

Depends how big the full size template is. How big around would it be if you used it as it is?

For example, if the full size template would get a result of 25 inches around, then you'd have
to reduce it to 84%.

21 inches divided by 25 inches equals 0.84, or 84%.

I first printed WOF templates then I started looking at Rafa's templates
I don't have that option when i print. I adjust to custom scale of 100% the template extends beyond the first page. 84% fits but super jedi said that is child size. What should the scale be for adult size?

Screen Shot 2016-01-05 at 4.58.57 PM.png

on the rwh templates via adobe reader i went into file, print, and set print scale on the left side

yeah that's the correct box, but im not good at math. at 100% it printed at the same size as the rubies target bucket which was too big for me. whe I didn't change any settings iirc it printed at 90something % and ended up being smaller by almost an inch in width, too small to be accurate. so I resined and glassed it and am using clay to bulk it up to "reasonable" size which now is perfect for me.

id suggest to not waste cardstock use cheap copy paper and print just the helmet side pages (the parts with the visor, ears, and keyholes on them) at 70 and 80% depending on the childs age, then you simply cut and glue those pages to get a better idea of size. if it fits, you can do the rest at that scale :)

Wow...that's a bit more work but I'll try it on my next build. The WOF helmet I'm building is also a little small for me. My nose is pressed up against the visor area.

Sent from my iPhone

yes ive only ever used that one. its not necessarily more work, theres like 4 pages so you don't have to build the cheek parts themselves, just for sizing purposes, like if you were to put on a lamp shade, then youll know how much space you have if that makes sense

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back