How are cod and buttplate attached

JSmails

Hunter
Hello,

I'm getting closer and closer. Quick question, how is everyone attaching the butt plate and cod to the costume?

Is it snaps on the flightsuit? Or Velcro? Or are they just compression fit tight around the body like a belt?

I'm doing ROTJ Boba if that matters. I'm planning on snapping the girth belt in place on the cod to keep it from moving around and it's pulled semi-tight in back, so I'm sure that'll help to keep the cod in place.

Also cod to butt plate attachment. Just a bolt through them? How is everyone doing those attachments?

Thanks for the help!

This is not my image but this is how mine is. The butt piece is made like a belt with a strap attached to it for tightening. then the cod piece attaches to the butt plate by velcro. You can see the velcro here.

DSCF5062_zpsb2717425.jpg

Thanks for posting that Furious. I rushed to finish mine and just velcro'd the cod to the butt and it worked ok but that will def work in keeping it from sagging.

Awesome!

So it's Velcro on both sides and the inside belt is behind the cod. Is the cod just held on by the Velcro then?

And held in place also by the girth belt I imagine. And the keyboard keys are just ornamental glued onto the cod.

If you have a pic of the cod that goes to I'd love that also.

Thanks for the help!

Awesome!

So it's Velcro on both sides and the inside belt is behind the cod. Is the cod just held on by the Velcro then?

And held in place also by the girth belt I imagine. And the keyboard keys are just ornamental glued onto the cod.

If you have a pic of the cod that goes to I'd love that also.

Thanks for the help!

Yep. that's about it. The cod and butt piece will stay on nicely without anything else holding it up.

DSCF5050_zpsbd0f854c.jpg

Are those snaps to the elastic? What kind of belt is it? That's a really awesome pic, I've never seen it like that! I'm getting RKD armor so it's good to see how vac formed armor would get put together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A

You can buy the dluminiym keyboard keys on eBay . They could hold the belt in place on the butt plate and then bolt the cod piece to it through a hole

Thanks for posting those photos @Furious,

This is a great set up & I have used it twice but with one variation on the second build I made the attachment blocks functional instead of using the velcro. This is very secure & the kidney plate doesn't sage cause it is pulled tight against your back. I am planning on switching my Boba to use functional attachment blocks. The girth belt also help hold the cod piece in place.

The belt is a custom piece I made just using 1.5" webbing & a quick release buckle that I got from strapworks.com. Those are snaps attached to the elastic. The top lip of the cod piece will rest on the front snap which is on the buckle.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back