Gauntlets

01Hawk

Active Hunter
I am starting to work on my gauntlets - by that I mean took them out of the bin I put them a few months ago. Somehow I can't find the one half however. I put the right one on and it seems pretty tight on my wrist and forearm. They are the newest version MOW offers. Are most people's tight? Is there an advantage to using the Vac/cast ones offered by RKD? Which do you use/prefer and why. Build is for my Supertrooper.

Hm, i never had that problem of it being too tight there. Though you can extend it if need be, especially if it is resin. you can add material to the lower half to make them deeper. Id recommend fiberglass and then bondo on the outside to smooth it in. You should reinforce MOWs gaunts with fiberglass like he recommends anyway to troop them so be sure they are durable enough. So that would be a good time to adjust the fit. They should be fairly snug though so they arent flopping around.

I never had much issue with resin or fiberglass gauntlets. I rather like them. I do however like when the bottoms are vac'ed. This is because it gives you some flexibility for putting them on and taking them off. RKD's magnet method is great and the vac'ed bottoms lend themselves well foe that and for velcro closures. When i had full fiberglass ones i used these clip thingies..but they were hard to get off without help, and even then, it was my wife squeezing her little fingers in there trying to push the release. So the bottoms being Vac'ed is a big help.

Screen used ESB were fully vac'ed, and that type is lighter weight, but if you have a metal rocket you'd have to reinforce where its attached. But over all they are lighter, and technically more accurate.

I had read about the fiberglass and asked him and he said not to. They feel pretty solid. I will take some pics when I am done work to show. I think maybe trimming them down will work. I don't have big forearms so I am sure it is just something on my end

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back