Armor Fiberglass VS Plastic which is better?

AlphaCharlie9er

New Hunter
Hello everyone I'm new to the whole cosplay field and I'm a big fan of Star Wars. I want to begin one of my first cosplays with a Jango Fett outfit I just cant grasp the idea which material is better fiberglass or plastic? I'm also wondering what type of paint I should use to get the chrome look Jango Fett's armor has in the movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fiberglass in my opinion. There's something called rub not buff. Use a dab on one cloth and wipe it off with another cloth.

To get the best look you get Cold Cast Fiberglass. It looks like this................

sg5d.jpg

This picture is Cruzer armor with an Asok helmet. All armor is cold cast. Jet pack is RS Props, boots are Crow 62

Thanks does Cruzer have a thread or website where id purchase this or does he go through pm? If he uses a thread or website could your please post it below.

So I'm probably am going to buy from Cruzer what pieces do you suggest I get because I'm looking to be comfortable which makes me want to use some sintra for some parts for flexibility but on the other hand I want to use CC because of the realistic Jango look. So what things should I get sintra if that's a good idea and What should I get CC? I was mainly concerned because I've heard that knee armor can explode and I don't want to walk around like a tin man does it function like that? :confused

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing I want to mention is Cruzer's CC Jango Helmet the nicest yet affordable on the market because I was looking to buy it but I want to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for. I saw some of his pictures he sent me on his photobucket and that helmet looks pretty damn good.

All of Cruzer's stuff is top notch. Also you say you want to use sintra for comfort. I am afraid it doesn't work like that. Sintra is rigid also.........unless you got it so thin so that it would bend and then it would look horrible.

When you troop as Jango Fett you are not trying to be comfortable. You are trying to look the part and put smiles on faces. With that said there are some things you can do to increase comfort but compromising on the armor probably isn't going to be one of the places you want to look. You can troop as Jango and not "walk around like a tin man" I promise you. There are videos of me in armor and I strut around like I own the place (because that is what I think Jango would do). The armor actually helps you to act like the character.

There is a lot of lose of mobility when in costume but it is not a bad trade off in the long run when you get to be one of the coolest characters from all of film.

Ok just for example here is a 501st video which has me at the Dallas Maverick's Star Wars night a couple of years ago. You can see me moving around and I am in cold cast armor from head to toe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that is all Cruzer armor. The helmet in that video is an Asok Jango Fett cold cast. The jet pack is an RS Props, the flight suit is an Arkady, Vest is a Ladysewforus.....I think that covers most of it.

Nice to see your suit looking as great as it does, Mullreel. I can't believe how long ago we both started on our Jango's. Im so glad to see yours as one of the best out there right now (y)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back