Fett Hero Help

I'm trying to get some clarification on the designation "HERO" that is frequently used. I used the search function to look at some older threads, but was unable to find what I was hoping.

First, does the "HERO" designation simply mean a more screen accurate version of the costume/piece as opposed to stunt versions OR does it have other, alternate and varying usages?

Second, I looked at the 501st Fett CRL's and only see a HERO version of the ROTJ costume. There doe NOT appear to be an ESB HERO version. Yet, I've recently seen a couple different ESB HERO helmet adverts here on TDH forum. How do these relate to one another in terms of costume building? And does anyone know if these ESB HERO helmets would fall under the 501st approval with the standard ESB costume?

Any clarification or help would be super helpful and much appreciated.

I'm trying to get some clarification on the designation "HERO" that is frequently used. I used the search function to look at some older threads, but was unable to find what I was hoping.

First, does the "HERO" designation simply mean a more screen accurate version of the costume/piece as opposed to stunt versions?

This is correct. Hero is the helmet used for closeups/non stunt work.

As ShortFuse said, the Hero costume/prop is the one that is used by the main and/or secondary character and especially in closeup shots. For ESB there was only one suit (from what we know) with some spare parts from the Pre-Pro #3 suit (at least the knees), because there were no stunt scenes. For ROTJ there was the Hero suit and at least 2 stunt suits (one of these suits was made of a soft, red plastic with some rubber parts).

First, does the "HERO" designation simply mean a more screen accurate version of the costume/piece as opposed to stunt versions OR does it have other, alternate and varying usages?

Second, I looked at the 501st Fett CRL's and only see a HERO version of the ROTJ costume. There doe NOT appear to be an ESB HERO version. Yet, I've recently seen a couple different ESB HERO helmet adverts here on TDH forum. How do these relate to one another in terms of costume building? And does anyone know if these ESB HERO helmets would fall under the 501st approval with the standard ESB costume?

Any clarification or help would be super helpful and much appreciated.

It would also be helpful to know that what you were told so far only covers the application of the term "hero" to actual pieces from the movies.

You will also find the term thrown around in the replica / prop community as product titles (i.e. "ESB HERO helmet" or somethign along those lines). In that case it usually means that the offering is much more detailed, much more accurate and in some cases has direct and close lineage to the original screen used prop (like a helmet product that at some point in his development utilized a mold that was taken from the screen used item).

regards,
Ram

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back