disney boba fett helmet worth it?

momofett

New Hunter
i really interested in getting a boba fett helmet but dont have the money to build one on my own just yet,... is it worth it to buy the target/disney or hasbro helmets off ebay?

I am going to test and do my first ESB Helmet using that particular one (Disney Target). I heard it is easy to paint. I dismantled it already so I can remove the paint. I bought the visor since the one that comes with it it's a clear one. You can start with that one.

I would save up more and try to find a nice resin cast and do it right.The rangefinder stalk is way smaller than the standard.

I agree with Koze514. If it is expensive and there is not much difference from a resin cast one, wait ti get it. I am definitely getting a better helmet. I bought this one when they went out, so It was cheap.

Cheers !!!

I concur with the above mentioned. Now I was fortunate enough to pick one up in store when they were going for 30 bucks, painted it up real nice, made a better range finder stalk and gave it to my brother for Christmas. After reading your post earlier I checked eBay, the first one I came across wanted 150 bucks. For that price you could easily just go with a better bucket from one of the great and trusted vendors here, and be much more satisfied with the product you'll receive. A much better choice than the "toy" target sold earlier.

If you can get it for well under $50, by all means go for it because it is worth it.

$6 for a new visor at Napa, a $1 or $2 for a strip of aluminum to redo the stalk, and a little bit of paint.

If your paying the above mentioned prices, then listen to those above.

It looks great on my Mandalorian Protector kit.
IMG_8944cc.jpg

7Z9tKkE.jpg

x9VkKll.jpg

Lynn

Attachments

• IMG_8944cc.jpg
    IMG_8944cc.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 199
  • 7Z9tKkE.jpg
    7Z9tKkE.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 192
  • x9VkKll.jpg
    x9VkKll.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 196
As Lynn said, the Target helmet can be made extremely functional with sanding, visor, RF stalk, and paint work. I topically applied paint, scuffed and weathered, and it works for my mannequin display very well and can be trooped in very effectively, as seen by Lynn.

The drawback, MSRP was $30, now selling for $100 or above on auction sites, etc.

20160410_193659.1.jpg

KC

It's not worth $50.00 but if you can grab one for msrp $30.00 or close then it's worth it! I bought two of these when they hit Target and was not overly impressed but also saw the potential if I put some work into them.
so to answer your question...... under $40.00 buy over 40 don't..... in my oppinion

I bought one on the cheap from ebay (not as cheap as MSRP, but not $150!). I needed one to make a Pink Mando for my daughter's mom for a festival we go to. She'll wear it once and I'll either leave it pink for my daughter to play with or possibly repaint it for a mando for me. I was not impressed with construction of it, it is basically ABS about as thick as a standard halloween mask over styrofoam. And it's called "collector's edition" and all that. For my purpose for it, it's fine, for what we do here, it's a joke.
image.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back