Building my own Boba Boots...

Is there a specific brand name for them? I'm having some trouble finding them, went to the local walmart and couldn't find them

I used Zap-a-gap super glue first. when I 1st tried them on, the tubing seperated in many places from the shoe. I tried reatatching those areas with hot melt glue. when I tried them on again, all the other places i hadn't used hot melt glue cracked off:angry. I have totally redone the boots now though. you'r trick of sanding the leather before spraypainting was brilliant! this allowed the paint to absorb into the material instead of forming a hard brittle shell around the glossy surface of the leather. this time I used ONLY hot melt glue to attatch the tubing and now I haven't had any trouble with them falling off ar the paint cracking! thanks alot, man:D!

Sweet...would like to see your progress. :cheers

Havent goten very far, even though ive had these lying around for almost a year now. As you can see they are the same style of boots, once i found this thread it gave me hope that these boots could really come out looking great. So i decided to fill the gap with nothing else but Great Stuff expanding foam, and let me tell ya it works GREAT!!! Once it fully cured i just cut away excess with a knife and sanded down to an even level. Now there are some slight imperfections, that being air bubbles and what not. Thusly i got some Shoe Goo, which i shall use to seal and finish the gap. Hope im not stealing away from the original poster here, but i thought id show what im doing with my same style boots.

IMG_1975.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back