Brotherly Love for a first time Fett build

Ya that was a bit tricky. I ended up layering a bunch of pvc together and put it on the end of a drill. Then I spun it against some sand paper. Then add bondo and repeat all the way from 60 to 220 grit paper.

Well Its been few days. Figured I better get a post up! Here is some images of my armor. This was the first thing I made. At the time I didn't realize that there were different armor builds, but it came out good anyway.
IMG_1842.JPGIMG_1857.JPGIMG_1853.JPGIMG_1856.JPGIMG_2049.JPG
As you can see, my vest is quilted. Felt It gave a more textured look. Since this was the first thing I made I have no progress photos. It is painted with Spray paint. And the decals are airbrushed. I weathered it using toothpaste as a masking liquid and used a rag to scrape the layers of paint away. I then airbrushed dirt and grime. I also used graphite dust. All I need now is some electronics.

I might as well show some other parts.
Here are my kneepads. The kneepads were another thing I decided to change. I will swap them out some day when I decide to go full 501st but until then I wanted something with more girth.

I bought some cheap roofers kneepads and used them for the base. Also a pic of my codpiece.
IMG_1947.JPGIMG_1954.JPGIMG_1966.JPGIMG_1967.JPGIMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1952.JPG

So its been a few weeks and the budget build go steady.

I did a recent calculation and with some fabric I purchased this weekend. I am now up to $172 bucks so far. I have a bunch of photos so this will be split a bit I think. I also finally got my helmet from my brother.

So back to progress. Rocket Pack is almost done. Still nee to assemble the jets and figure out what kind of system im doing to use to mount it on my back but pain is mostly done.
IMG_2050.JPGIMG_2051.JPGIMG_2055.JPGIMG_2053.JPG

So from there I built a blaster. Full scratch build from EPVC and PVC pipe and a few paintball odd and ends. I used this video for inspiration.

I took enough photos for a blaster tutorial if you want a non screen accurate tutorial. LOL. I think the total cost of the blaster was 9 bucks of materials.
IMG_1976.JPGIMG_2004.JPGIMG_2039.JPGIMG_2047.JPG
Still needs some greebles on the stock but for what I have I think it works.

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2039.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Some things about this build. I am trying to mimic the look of the Mythos statue. So I will have some light sabers. and other fun things.

Made a battle skirt and some pockets. Got my helmet in the mail, and just had to try in all on.
IMG_2100.JPGIMG_2089.JPGIMG_1929.JPGIMG_2104.JPG

Again, still a ways to go. Going to be spending the next few weeks painting that helmet and getting it perfect. Still need to sew up a ammo belt. build another saber. dirty up the legs and boots. Create some shin tool .... ok lots of stuff. So enjoy.

IMG_2047.JPG

So, took the week and with some help from my lovely wife, we were able to take a bag of leather scrap and make this:
IMG_2235.JPG
Think it came out pretty good. It's a fully functioning, heavy duty leather ammo belt. I took the belt pattern from the TK409 site and modified it to make actual pouches. For now the pouches are glued shut, but once I get a few feet of Velcro they will all work.

Some progress photos:
IMG_2228.JPGIMG_2231.JPGIMG_2230.JPGIMG_2232.JPGIMG_2233.JPGIMG_2236.JPGIMG_2237.JPG

It took a lot of elbow grease but I got all 14 pouches pounded out with the hammer. Then my wife was able to use a denim needle and some hard core thread and sew the stitching in and sew the strips together. I will eventually add more rivets, bent a few and ran out.

Well, got a harness built using an old backpack I didn't need anymore, and some Velcro and stuff my wife had lying around. Had to try on the whole outfit. Still a few details to button up, refit and adjust, but I feel like its coming along really nicely.

Feel like for around 190 bucks, this will be a fun costume to rock.

IMG_2250.JPGIMG_2255.JPGIMG_2258.JPGIMG_2257.JPG

My wife loves me, been trying to figure out a cheap way to make some Wookie pelts.
Came home from work on Friday to these:
IMG_2260.JPG
Guess they had them at the dollar store!! Score!!

Spent a bit of Saturday braiding.
IMG_2263.JPG

Well I finally got to troop my costume. I also picked up a chest display from Fettronics!! It totally makes the costume feel real thanks so much Jon!!. I recently moved from south Wisconsin to Northern Minnesota to work for a sweet new toy store located in Duluth and Ely MN.
Legacy Toys. We opened for the first time on Halloween. I got to greet about a 1000 kids it was intense, and a joy!!!

12193659_721728657959043_3238478240880659413_n.jpg12193402_1207884455894976_7328781363521868343_n.jpg I could only find the 2 pictures, I know there were more out there. We had a special event going that if you shared a photo from the store you were entered to get a gift card.
Here is a short video as well of the store itself, and me waving at the camera for like 1 second lol

Things I learned, Heat sucks.... I almost passed out from heat exhaustion and dehydration. I will be altering my costume a bit. Fan in the helmet, frozen camel back, remake my vest out of a lighter fabric, not wear pants under the flight suit, eat and drink a good meal before hand.

I was really hoping to get to wear this to the movie premier. I have been seeing some things about theaters not allowing any kind of mask or weapon, so I am hoping that if I call ahead and give them all the info I can and maybe even volunteer, something could be arranged.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back