Boushh Build by TFett

Hi Tfett40 ,
I was curious what paint you used for that Disney Parks Thermal Detonator? The one in your pic seemed to have that mirror finish! I've seen this, but feel like it is not up to par....
1633126502129.png

Your thoughts? I wonder if I shouldn't be looking at that Alumaluster stuff that folks keep talking about putting on their Mandalorian helmets. Just.......that stuff is so darn expensive at nearly $200/can...
1633126739947.png

Thanks,
-Iron

Tfett40
Ah! I gotcha! I picked up a Disney Parks Hot Potato Thermal Detonator for what I thought was a reasonable price off of eBay - $75.00 (US). I didn't see any follow-ups to your other post (this one...)
Tfett40 Comment.jpg

So I had assumed that the one your wife is holding was the Disney one. But as I look at it more closely - now that I have mine (Came in yesterday). I can tell that it is NOT the Disney variant.
1633707164658.png

I took mine apart yesterday (Not a fun process), but my intention is to change out the LED's to yellow and then give it the following:
1) Prep with Alclad II's - Gloss Black Base (ALC-304)
2) Then hit it with Alclad II's - Chrome for Plastic (ALC-107)
3) Finish it with Alclad II's - Gloss Klear Koat (ALC-310)

From what I've seen, this stuff is supposedly magic and closely emulates what Alumaluster does at a fraction of the price. It was this video that kinda had me convinced....

Just my two cents on how I intend to change mine.

Cheers,
-Iron

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back