Boba ROTJ Hero build

BH 19713

Hunter
Hi, I Just finished my suit. Anyone any thoughts about it for 501st approval?
DSC_0331.JPG

Hi, I Just finished my suit. Anyone any thoughts about it for 501st approval?

Hi Jango666 - Looks super good! (y) If looking for constructive criticism, I guess I’d say maybe the ankle spat could use some dye to achieve the light grey. Having never gone through a 501st approval process I don’t know how much of a sticklers they can be on things like that.

but the 501st CRL pic makes em’ look light grey....
555F6DF2-C219-4203-82BF-844D747529B8.jpeg

but again great job on it! (y)

-Iron

Gotcha! I didn’t know if you got to meet the “Approver's” complete with a hand shake in their offices or something. But it’s all done via pics huh? Interesting.

Last edited:
Thank you for the pics!
Beautiful work!
I like your green on the dome and cheeks.
It's a hard color to nail, unless you have the actual Humbrol color.
I had to initially use a mix on my Black Series facelift ( all rattlecans...i don't have an air brush...yet, anyway ) of Tamiya's NATO green, with a gradual mist on top of Rusto' Moss Green, until it built up to the shade I wanted.
I did a swatch of the same layer mix for a local custom paint shop to match and make up a spray can of it and touch up bottle for brush spots.
That way I can pretty much stay consistent with more builds and not have to mix and match like that again, and especially if I go air brush, I've already got my color.
01.jpg20200817_113726.jpg20200817_113805.jpg20200817_114323.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back