911, EE-3 repair

RexFett

Hunter
So my EE-3 took a dive and I need to repair it pronto, I have a very important troop on Sunday.

What glue is the best option to work with Resin? My idea is to put pins the middle of the broken parts and glue it back together....or does anyone have a better option? I just need something that will hold together for Sunday's troop. Any help would be appreciated.

DSCN7484.jpg DSCN7485.jpg DSCN7486.jpg DSCN7488.jpg

I would use metal pins drilled in to secure the break then use 2 part expoxy resin glue.

People rant about chemical weld, but i find that unless , you need to get the mixture exact otherwise its going to break.

Depending on the plastic there is a special glue that melts them together, its locked away in B&Q and you need to show ID to buy it, i use it on all my PVC builds, cant remember the name of it but its dam strong.

I used JB weld on my car, thats one of the better two part expoxy's, the syringe is the best i used it to hold my entire bumper on at one point in time :)

I would use metal pins drilled in to secure the break then use 2 part expoxy resin glue.

People rant about chemical weld, but i find that unless , you need to get the mixture exact otherwise its going to break.

Depending on the plastic there is a special glue that melts them together, its locked away in B&Q and you need to show ID to buy it, i use it on all my PVC builds, cant remember the name of it but its dam strong.
I use this method but instead of epoxy I use JB Weld.

I used 1/8" aluminum rods and drilled deep into each piece and filled each hole with the JB Weld before I inserted the rod into the crevice.

It will hold forever.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back