So, my costume is already finished and cleared with a few costume groups in the UK. But as I've only just signed up to TDH this is pretty much my "Hello" post.
So, I wanted a Bossk, but finding affordable pieces wasn't going to happen so I had to make my own.
I started with the head, figuring if I couldn't do this piece then the costume was a no-go anyway.
I made a rough shape of Bossks head on a head form and made it from Paper mache. Once enough layers were solid I was able to cut this in half, remove from the head form and stick it back together. I then sculpted onto the Paper Mache head using plasticine and eventually produced a two part plaster mould so I could produce a latex copy. At first I was happy with this but I ended up remaking this later on (read below).
I bought some white overalls which will need a lot of adapting before dying.
Then there was the hands, feet, flight vest and lots of other stuff to be working on.
Okay, don't laugh... I've started collecting lots of other pieces for the costume.
All of this may appear 'hopeful' at this point:
Overalls - which will eventually become a yellow flightsuit.
100 A4 sheets of A4 foam. (combined with the wellies and latex will eventually become bossks feet).
Black Pleather (will be used to create the black vest)
8inch flexible ducting seal. (for the shoulder seals of the black vest)
X-wing style vest. (bought a cheap one from ebay, modified the size and straps, added clear tubing inside the ribs - there is still buckles and straps to sort).
Some grey webbing to become the leg harness (similar to x-wing pilots)
Boiler Suit Bossk!
I did a couple of dye tests and started testing scale ideas for the feet.
Work done on the blaster over two days, use of the jigsaw, handheld sander and various hand tools has worked pretty well.
Aiming for this:
" />" />
Ideally I'll change the circled part for a suitable metal piece when I find something that works but for the meantime I'll leave the wooden part there.
Step by step of putting it on:
Although at this point I had been cleared to troop with UKG, I was not really happy with the head, the snout/jaw wasn't long enough and I think the eyes were too close together so he just looked a bit 'goofy' at times.
So, on with the next head build...
Fresh out of the mould:
So the new mask is now finished. Here's a couple of photos with the costume on: