Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

IG88

Re: IG88

You know..That may be one of the coolest things I've seen in years...Outstanding!

From
    Deliverence, Indiana

I'm at a loss for words at how insanely talented people are. Outstanding man.

From
    Albuquerque

This is just insane! Outstanding build thread and well done bro! It looks perfect!

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

Thanks everyone for your kind responses ....helps me recover from the build!..(recovery still ongoing!....)

Ive had a good reception at gigs with him ... IG has only been to one gig on his own , he usually always is with Roger ...(always with me ... I wont let him drive!)... it was the same gig that was his second ,one year on .A guy came over really excited and told me he'd come that day mainly hoping to get a shot with IG as his camera had died the year before !....
    As there weren't many kids around to traumatize that day I helped him and his girlfriend take several with IG strangling him !...He seemed happy!
    I had been slightly worried that since he only had 30 seconds of screen time a lot of the general public wouldnt know him ...boy was I wrong!...thankfully!

Roger , the battledroid , has just passed his 10th birthday trooping ...(aug 6th )!!

Hopefully there'll be at least 10 years of IG traumatizing kids and strangling adults!...

This is amazing.

One day I will make one. I want to use the Sideshow 1/6 IG88 for reference as I think they really nailed it.

Thank you for all the great build pictures.

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

Well I'd definitely recommend having a relatively accurate maquette when doing this kinda thing ,... I had the latest hasbro 12 " figure , which I found at least one person I knew didnt realise the legs extend on ! ;P....
    The hasbro large figure gets more inaccurate rapidly as you scan down it , so I just really used that for a feel of the piece when thinking it out (just read how that sounds!..)
    The sideshow IG has the knee armour on the UPPER leg , the reference pics are fairly conclusive its on the LOWER leg so I'd give sideshow an argument on that...they really shot themselves in the foot at first by leaving out an ENTIRE HEAD SECTION!!!...if you havent seen it just do an image search , the first few pics are like that ... they did correct it though .
    The main problem I'd have with copying a sideshow would be the HIP JOINT ... or lack of them ...theyve come up with something ... kinda works ... I suppose you can argue its more 'screen accurate '...but from practicality of joint wise it wouldnt fly ...artwork of IG varies in this dept from flexed metal to the more thought out and logically placed compression joints (I think you know where my vote is!)
    At the end of the day its up to the individual who is mad enough to attempt this .....wether you want screen accuracy or realism , hopefully I hit a good middle ground .
    I could imagine the leg moving out from the hip then exposing the compression gaiter area so you could justify it with a panel line , though it does pass through detail .
    My IG is built for trooping with an eye to further add ons for the joint system as in the build diary .

I WOULD recommend that anyone wanting maquettes for this project aquired themselves the small size really well jointed figure with the blade and stuff on his back ...but mostly , I'd recommend the KOTOBUKIYA statue as this appeared to be the nicest that had solved a few issues for me (I copied the small of the back almost straight )and was for me the most accurate IG out there...and cheaper than sideshows !
    I found all round pictures of this IG online and used those to get my head around along with everything else so I never actually got the figure , saw one in a sale and regretted not buying it but when I was done I would have sold it to a mate anyhow.

From
    Colorado

i just drooled on myself . . . fantastic.

amazing....

Awesome!

From
    Fremont, CA

Awesome!!

From
    Kent , UK

I'm lost for words , all of the above , a top end build , I'm not worthy

From
    LA

That is incredible!

From
    Boise Idaho USA

Brilliant work!

fantastic job.

From
    Minneapolis, MN

Freakin' amazing work! If you ever setup a business of having Fetts (or other bounty hunters) get their pics taken with him, I'll be your first customer.

From
    STOKE ON TRENT

Hi all ....
    As you say shteymetal247, I built the IGster with the intention of him being a background/addon for armour nuts like us!...he is infact an extension of my still ongoing Fett suit project which gets eternally stalled due to lack of spare cash for the bits I cant do myself ...that and the fact I have to finish my own bucket as no ones will fit over my big alien head!
    Any fellow Fett nuts , or imps etc in general are more than welcome to have pics with him at events or get hold of me if in the area (local systems!)...Im in the midlands of the UK ...and I often gig with both droids when finances allow ...

Ironically , I'm a 501st member but cannot get clearance for the droids as I dont have a costume , therefore dont get the opportunity to back up the garrison over here much ....I do get out with other tupperware fetishists in my main group however...

Galactic Knights - Home

and ....

http://www.facebook.com/99thGarrison

....and just to amuse ... the other day I had a rant on facebook about the sideshow IG88 ... yup I was that bored!...so ... incase anyone IS considering getting one for a maquette and following my descent into madness anytime ... heres a reprint!

Mekroid rant from farcebook...

''OK , Ive just looked at some SIDESHOW IG88 pictures ...
    the first mistake they made was that head which is now fixed (for those that DONT know they left an entire section out !...google an image and see)...the next thing that doesnt stand up for me is the knee armour being on the upper leg instead of the lower,... BUT the thing thats driven me to waffle here is the HEIGHT! ....SIDESHOW... ISNT IT A LITTLE SHORT FOR AN IG!......the 'official ' SW site says something like 6ft 6 inches ...this is wrong ... Boba Fett is about the 6ft mark and IG is off a small step behind him ... Fett comes up to IG's shoulder ....NOT halfway up his head .

Also , if you get the measurments of a DERWENT FLAME TUBE and apply them to a front on image of IG then blow it up and print it ... allowing for feet he comes in around 7ft 6 inches .

At least the HASBRO ones legs extend !(though they dont mention this on the package!)

rant over ... normal service resumed shortly ''

Iknow at least 2 people read it ... one of them was me .. the other sort of counts as I was pointing him (the cat) at the screen at the time.

I feel like Ive had an Alan Partridge moment ...''youre getting IG wrong!...(sideshow)''......in best Steve Coogan voice!

Yup , youre right , you probably had to be there !

You've done an amazing job. I don't know that I have the patience and attention to detail that you do, but IG-88 is a project I've contemplated more than once.

From
    Sacramento, California

This is so awesome. Excellent work!

From
    perth

Amazing build most impressive.

incredible! cant tell the difference between the movie IG88 and your IG88, FLAWLESS!

From
    PR

From
    Tasmania Australia

A truly amazing build. Massive kudos.

That is insane~ you have some amazing skills sir!

Marvelous.

Besides Boba Fett himself, IG-88 was always my second favorite bounty hunter. He just looks so unconventional and strangely foreboding. What's amazing to me is that this doesn't look like a fan build at all! For all intents and purposes this could be the actual prop used in the movie! Just awesome and a great eye for detail!