Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

IG-88 Anyone?

I helped at SDCC '08 987654321a's Avatar
    From
    San Diego, CA

IG-88 Anyone?

I was thinking today, how cool would it be to make an actual size IG-88 costume to wear. Has anyone thought of it? Or better yet, has anyone made a fairly screen accurate IG-88 costume?

From
    my place

Re: IG-88 Anyone?

Shounds like a great project to do

Would not the arms and legs prove difficult for a person to wear?

From
    San Diego, CA

Well if it is screen used. If the costume is scaled up a bit, I am sure the arms and legs will fit. It would be an uncomfortable costume though.

From
    Greensburg Indiana

you would have to be tall and crazy-thin to make it work. But I would love to see someone try!! he is my 2nd favorite bounty hunter!!!

I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

General Grivious is on the same level as IG-88.

From
    San Diego, CA

Andy, I believe someone made a pretty cool grivious. Not sure where I saw it though.

As for IG, I think that you dont have to be too tall to make it work, but since you cannot make the headpiece fit your head, unless you get major plastic surgery, then I think that your head would in the IG's chest, so you have a bigger viewpoint. It would have to be pretty big to accomodate the person wearing the costume. I might go for it and try this costume. I have always loved IG-88, besides the Fettman.

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

I have seen several good Grievous puppets before. they also have a nice place to hide inside of the puppet, the costume can't be done because the arms are way too thin. Not even I could fit myself into an IG-88. If you want to make it unproportional, I suppose it would work.

I think it's pretty doable you just need a thin person like someone that could fit in a C3PO suit, only down side is on how you see through the helmet and the arms and legs will end up looking a tad beefed up.

From
    San Diego, CA

Anybody up for an extreme diet? Haha. Well, like I said, if you size up the costume to the point that your arms will fit, it could possibly work. After I am done with Fett, which should be sometime early next year, I will start work on this. If I cannot fit in it, then hell, it will go on display.

Edit- Actually I take that back. You would have to modify some parts of it to make it fit you. Like I said before, it would be an uncomfortable costume. Expect to see it at comic con next year.

I'm sure it'd be far easier and more practical to simply make an IG-88 that simple stands there. Not a costume but perhaps an rc droid like the R2D2's that are made with radio controls for its head and maybe its arms. That way everything is in proportion, no one needs to have parts of the anatomy removed to fit inside and it's not simply a static display piece.

From
    The miserable mill

i suppose it'd be easy 501st approval....nothing to really compare it to. and the fact that someone could get it to work..you gotta give them credit.

but the movie ig-88 is incredibly static...in any EU or video games he is clearly seen in full motion..... remember he is an assassin droid.

even though it looks like he moves on joints and gear boxes he is pretty flexible...for a droid.

i'm sure as long as people offset the look of the costume in some places it could trick the viewer into a proportional view and still allow some movement.

props to whoever gives it a good go

From
    New York

What about putting it together like the EP 1 C3-P0? A puppet mounted to the front of a black suit. So, you could still wear it and not have to worry about being in it or changing any of the droid's dimensions.

From
    Carlisle, IA, Outer Rim Territories

IG-88?!?!? How fething skinny are you, vode?

From
    i live in a small town in Norway, Scandinavia

to create a wearable IG-88 costume to scale would not be at all possible, i think. just a prop, or statue of some kind however, would not just be very doable, but freakin awesome!

maybe a costume based on IG-88 would be more... realistic. like a heavy assassin droid

any ways i say OYA!!!

Now now... it IS possible. You'd just need to be a skinny, quadruple amputee to wear the suit :-)

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

Just to throw this into the ring, IG-88 is not 501st acceptable.

From
    San Diego, CA

How is he not? would the Rebel Legion accept him? He is a bounty hunter-sorta right? haha

From
    New York

You could make it a wearable puppet like Episode 1 C3-P0. That is completely possible! Maybe even rig some cables to you fingers to make the hand open and close. Like these things...

Last edited by Lath Toth; Dec 11, 2008 at 9:50 PM.

From
    San Diego, CA

I might just have to make this wearable. I am still planning this out, because I dont want to dive into it right away. If I make a mistake, then yea, I can fix it, but it would cost more money than I hoped it would.

From
    Tallahassee, Florida

Hey GCN for the sake of debate...why would IG not be 501st accepted? Wouldn't he be BH status? That is assuming that someone could fit into it. Though you would have to make it our of proportion for a human to fit in there.

From
    San Diego, CA

What IrishFett said...

Technically IG88 units are assasin droids but the screen used one, was used as a bounty hunter. So I would have to assume it is 501st acceptable, if it is made very accurately.

From
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA

It still isn't 501st acceptable. You can't physically wear it. Why don't you think there are any General Grievous costumes in the Legion?

BH: Bounty Hunter

1. Jango Fett
    1. (Open Seasons)*
    2. AOTC
    2. Boba Fett
    1. ESB
    1. Pre-production
    2. Bespin Ambush
    2. ROTJ
    3. Jodo Kast*
    4. Jaster Mereel*
    5. Dengar
    6. Boushh
    7. Greedo
    8. Aurra Sing
    9. 4-LOM
    10. Zuckuss
    11. Bossk
    12. Zam Wesell
    13. Durge*

From
    Wales, UK

Durge! Now that's one I'd like to see.

As for IG-88, I agree that a costume would be better if aimed at more of a heavy assasin droid. Or, for an accurate IG-88 then just go for a static display.

Either way, it'd be a project I'd love to see come to life.

Skupilkinson said: View Post
    Durge! Now that's one I'd like to see.

As for IG-88, I agree that a costume would be better if aimed at more of a heavy assasin droid. Or, for an accurate IG-88 then just go for a static display.

Either way, it'd be a project I'd love to see come to life.

But you have seen it. Or you should have! http://www.paralada.org/Estonia_self...tm/GenDai.html He's one of us "The Clone Emperor."