Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    Jun 6, 2014, 11:14 AM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #26

You have done a spectacular job, and I am envious and inspired! I made a vacuum forming machine, but now I am going to have to try the smooth-on plastic for my future helmet creation endeavors. Amazing results! I can't wait to see where you go from here!
    Jun 6, 2014, 1:19 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #27

Quote Jesuit24 said: View Post
    The beauty of Star Wars; all the costumes were uneven! Amazing build and I don't think anyone can hold anything against you regarding the recast mold. When I was starting out, I bought a recast helmet off ebay none the wiser. The fact you're wiling to destroy it says a lot.
    Thanks man! I've received a few PMs and everything seems to be positive thus far.

Quote Battlebroad said: View Post
    You have done a spectacular job, and I am envious and inspired! I made a vacuum forming machine, but now I am going to have to try the smooth-on plastic for my future helmet creation endeavors. Amazing results! I can't wait to see where you go from here!
    I was so surprised at how well Smooth-On worked. Considering it was my first time doing any kind of casting, I was very nervous about the results. Would you use the same kind of product for vacuum forming? Thanks for the kudos!
    Jun 7, 2014, 9:47 AM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #28

Great work on this, the paint job is amazing!
    Jun 25, 2014, 8:47 AM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #29

Hi ya Aaron! looking good!.
    Jun 25, 2014, 10:27 AM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #30

Hi MJ! Thanks!
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Aug 19, 2014, 1:34 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #31

Fantastic job ... !
    Aug 21, 2014, 2:56 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #32

anybody knows where can i buy a boushh helmet and some parts of the bandolier ,some contact because im desperate serching this helmet please
    Aug 21, 2014, 4:03 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #33

Look up Sandman on the RPF. He has the best helmet I believe. Darkside and MonCal make the bandolier, again also on theRPF. Just search for them there and send PMs.
    Aug 21, 2014, 5:24 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #34

Can also add Clothears to that list as well. She makes all the pieces for Boushh costume. She does great work & is awesome to work with.
  10. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Aug 30, 2014, 12:58 AM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #35

Thanks for the info, been looking for costume parts for my wife's boushh
    Sep 21, 2014, 5:16 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #36

Update!

Finally got back to working on this costume

I sat down with Audrey yesterday and we were going to work on the back leather part of the helmet, but realized the thread we had was too dark. Regardless, we were able to cut the pieces we needed, and will hopefully get to finish that part in the next little while.

We did, however, fit the helmet properly on her head...which was more of a challenge than I originally thought. The helmet, because of the way it was cast, was very front heavy. Therefore, we had to put a significant amount of padding to prop the helmet up properly. I also put in two micro fans in the beak section to create some airflow. She says that she is comfortable, but I know costuming for many hours is not really in the cards. I don't think I ever had a costume that I was completely comfortable in

In other news, I sucked it up and bought the bandolier greeblies from Dark Shadow so those should be here soon. Fangs should be finished the soft parts soon, and we are still on the lookout for a decent pair of boots. My goal is to get this Halloween ready for her. While my Fett won't be ready for Halloween...I thought it would be pretty funny to go as chained up Chewbacca (yay couples costumes), but the rental costumes for Chewie around here are absolutely horrendous. The next 'hairy' character that came to mind for me was Teen Wolf. So, I will be her bounty in that sexy yellow basketball jersey Should be interesting...
    Sep 21, 2014, 5:32 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #37

I don't know how I missed this thread up until this point, but I'm glad I found it. Most excellent DP *sick guitar riff*
    Sep 21, 2014, 5:42 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #38

Quote dolioshmolio said: View Post
    Most excellent DP *sick guitar riff*
    Rock on

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	everybodyplays.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	81374
    Sep 22, 2014, 2:25 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #39

It's looking very good. Excellent work. Keep the pics coming.
    Oct 24, 2014, 5:41 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #40

Update!

So I ordered the bandolier greeblies off Dark Shadow and also snagged a scope as well. Finally was able to add that piece to the helmet, and finish off the leather work. I suck at stitching...can't you tell? There were even guide lines...I know. Shameful. Regardless, I think it still works!

Do you think that the leather is still too "yellow?" I've seen some Boushh helmets that have the same cowhide that I do, and depending on the lighting...it can look crazy yellow. I dulled it with some tan paint washed in, but I was just wondering what you guys thought. The original helmet has a dark tan to it.

Fangs also got in touch with me and is starting to ship my parts. I received a set of armor (need to trim), the cummerbund, and cape.

That's about it so far. The rest of the soft parts should be in the mail soon. From that point, I will:

1) Finish the armor - trim, size, bondo, paint
    2) Finish the bandolier - measure, attach greeblies, stitch front and attach snaps to back
    3) Attach tanks to armor
    4) Attach spikes to gauntlets
    5) Weather overall soft parts

Can I get it all done by halloween? We shall see I'm not going to rush it. It's a bit more important to do it right than to slap it all together.
    Oct 28, 2014, 8:46 PM - Re: Budget Boushh {WIP} #41

Two of my items are done! Armor finished and tanks attached!

Here's how they turned out after I had to do some funky trimming, fibreglass work, bondo, and then the fun paint job. Audrey is tres excited I even added some padding to keep her comfy!