Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Dec 27, 2012, 6:34 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #26

Don't cut out the rectangle off. Just trim the sides at an angle like this and glue to the shoe.

Kevin W.
    Dec 27, 2012, 6:36 PM - yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #27

You guys are superstars. Thank you
  3. Member Since
    Feb 2009
    Dec 28, 2012, 8:12 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #28

Here is a quick video of my assemble Pre-Vizsla season 4-5 gauntlet.
    The magnets are "Rare Earth 1/4 x 1/4 cylinders."

The very end of the video was cut off and I was about to say that you can add 2 small strips of velcro on each end near your wrist and elbow to help keep the open end closed once it is on your arm if needed.

PS Remember that Bo-Katan's Top detailed gauntlet parts are on the opposite side as Pre-Vizsla's. And Bo-Katans top covers need to have the 2 small side circles filled in and made smooth.

Kevin W.
    Dec 29, 2012, 9:59 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #29

Thanks so much for the tips Kevin! Every little bit helps and although I'm still buried in my helmet project, the help you're giving Ash is going to help me a bunch later.
    d
    Dec 29, 2012, 10:01 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #30

yeah thanks Kev. this video was awesome!... back to dremeling I go
    Dec 30, 2012, 5:47 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #31

one day I will stop asking all these questions.

the lights on the gauntlets. no matter how many times i watch her episodes i can't quite place which lights actually 'light up' whether they flash or stay lit etc. and which ones are just there as a pretty tile.

help anyone?
    Dec 30, 2012, 11:44 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #32

Jan 2, 2013, 6:21 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #33

Great work Ash, I hope you have this done for Dream Workd troop. Looking forward to seeing it .
    Jan 2, 2013, 8:52 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #34

that's the plan. Actually the plan is Gold Coast SupaNova weekend but Dreamworld is the ultimate
    Jan 3, 2013, 2:33 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #35

started the weathering...

Last edited by Ashbash; Jan 14, 2013 at 5:46 PM.
  11. Jan 6, 2013, 8:53 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #36

Very nice work!
    Jan 7, 2013, 8:11 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #37

Looking good Ash!
    Jan 14, 2013, 7:41 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #38

Bodysuit made - just got to finish off the neckline and trim the arms/legs, add a stirrup. adding in the darker/lighter greys/blacks with an airbrush on the weekend

Feb 5, 2013, 3:10 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #39

Just got home from work and my postman puts a box on my doorstep.
    I was shaking that much opening it...

Thank you very much Cruzer! Your craftsmanship really shows... It's a masterpiece!

All my armour paintwork is DONE! Now I got to work out the best way to do all the webbing. Suggestions people?

Last edited by Ashbash; Feb 13, 2013 at 5:22 AM.
    Feb 18, 2013, 4:21 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #40

Hey Kevin, the video is down. Did you delete it? Any chance you could put it back up for a few days?
    THanks!
    Daryl
    Feb 20, 2013, 10:23 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #41

To attach my armour to my suit I'm using a combination of magnets and Velcro. I'll let you know how i go.

The reason I didn't go with press studs as it will eventually snag the fabric of the suit. I making the magnets removable also. I'll upload pics when I've finished frantically sewing
    Feb 25, 2013, 1:39 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #42

Good luck my dear. looks like your almost done.!! looking forward to seeing the pics.
    Feb 25, 2013, 2:56 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #43

Just waiting on my Jetpack and belt to be sent everything else is done! I suppose I could upload some pics :/
    Feb 25, 2013, 9:02 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #44

Pics would be great. Would love to see how it's coming along.
    Feb 25, 2013, 12:14 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #45

Your Jp should be completed by the end of this week/weekend and be ready to ship first thing next week.
    Your progress looks great!
    Feb 25, 2013, 1:24 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #46

Yours and a couple of others goods will be shipping the end of this week.

Awesome work!
    Feb 25, 2013, 11:23 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #47

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    Your Jp should be completed by the end of this week/weekend and be ready to ship first thing next week.
    Your progress looks great!
    Best news all week! Thanks for the kid words. Hoping to troop in in by the end of April

Quote SEEKER said: View Post
    Yours and a couple of others goods will be shipping the end of this week.

Awesome work!
    I best get a move on with all my webbing. I've allowed a bit of room for your harness to go under my vest
    Feb 26, 2013, 10:40 PM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #48

Looks fantastic, chickadee!
    Feb 27, 2013, 2:46 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #49

Quote Deltorn said: View Post
    My concern with using a piano hinge on this is the armour is abs plastic. Not solid resin or fiberglass like what most Fett gauntlets are. Also, Ash does have rather small forearms so a slide one would be better suited.

As far as padding goes, I had I similar problem padding the forearms on my tk with padding coming out but I fixed this by using thinner PVC pipe insulator cut lengthways wrapped around and using a platiprime glue which is designed specificly for rubber and foam.
    If you want ABS hinges and a locking mechanism this is something I have been making for a while for other vacformed gauntlets. Basically its just like a regular hinge just thicker and will simply glue on with ABS cement, with the plus that they are adjustable.

Let me know if you want some ash I can just post them to you. Standard piano hinges are a pain in the backside.

Mandalorian Gauntlet Latch by AprilStorm - Thingiverse

Feb 27, 2013, 2:54 AM - Re: yet another Bo Katan! This time it's an AUSSIE! #50

Quote Ashbash said: View Post
    one day I will stop asking all these questions.

the lights on the gauntlets. no matter how many times i watch her episodes i can't quite place which lights actually 'light up' whether they flash or stay lit etc. and which ones are just there as a pretty tile.

help anyone?
    Interesting, I just thought they all stayed on the whole time, just under different lighting you would notice more. How are you doing this btw? have you got appropriate colour buttons? because trans clear, red and white lego 1x2 tile are just about the right size and easy to source, and will stick to your abs gaunts because lego is abs.