While waiting for assorted things to cure tonight, I started in on a new project...
VERY rough right now, but I think the concept is solid.
I took one of my MR Boba casts and just started chopping.
I basically reversed the fix I did to the original MR. The visor was pinched in too tight at the bottom on the original. I pinched the top way back in to match that. I was able to narrow the front by about 1/4" just by adjusting that, without messing up the lines of the helmet. I want it a bit narrower still, so I'll have to build up some material.
I narrowed the horizontal part down to a slit with epoxy putty.
The most fun part is the cheeks. I cut out the old one, reshaped the remaining area a bit, and added in a Sintra panel. I've only extended the length of the front by about 1/4" or so, but it looks elongated like it should.
Take a look at Two-Face Fett over here...
The left side (in the pic) is the original shape. The right is the altered one. The helmet LOOKS really tall because of the changes, but it's not much different at all.
Added bonus - since the cheeks are not as deeply indented, it will be roomier too.
For about an hour of work so far I'm REALLY happy with how it's going. I think this will come out great.
Other scheduled mods include a rebuilt keyslot area, getting rid of the RF ear cap mount, and making a new cap for that side.