Subscribe
    Dec 8, 2013, 12:58 AM - Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #1

Hey guys, so I'm kind of new around here and this is my first build log. I'm working on a Pre Vizsla that will hopefully get me into the 501st (once they make a CRL for season 4/5 vizsla). Any suggestions or comments are welcome. All the pepakura pieces are from Fierfek and are pretty amazing. If you need any star wars files definitely check him out on the RPF. Enjoy

That's my progress so far. The blaster has a coat of resin on it and I will be adding some rondo to harden it before I do some touch up work with bondo. The chest plates will be getting resin and rondo too in the next few days too.
    Dec 9, 2013, 3:35 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #2

Great start & looking good.

I have been using the pep to make a number of components for my ROTJ Boba Fett & my wife's completed Boushh (501st). I have done a lot of the modelling & created my own pep files as well as modifying existing pep files from others. It is a great format to use & done properly you can have some awesome results.

Are you using anything to structure the card stock prior to using the resin? I ask this because it helps with durability & retaining shape. Just as some advice if you plan on going for 501st. Trooping is tough on these costumes, as I have found out with my wife's, so you want them as durable & light as possible. Just using resin from what I have seen is not very forgiving.

If you have any questions let me know.
    Dec 10, 2013, 12:56 AM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #3

Quote toolguy301 said: View Post
    Great start & looking good.

I have been using the pep to make a number of components for my ROTJ Boba Fett & my wife's completed Boushh (501st). I have done a lot of the modelling & created my own pep files as well as modifying existing pep files from others. It is a great format to use & done properly you can have some awesome results.

Are you using anything to structure the card stock prior to using the resin? I ask this because it helps with durability & retaining shape. Just as some advice if you plan on going for 501st. Trooping is tough on these costumes, as I have found out with my wife's, so you want them as durable & light as possible. Just using resin from what I have seen is not very forgiving.

If you have any questions let me know.
    I do an initial coat of resin to give the cardstock some rigidity and use cardboard or popsicle sticks to hold the parts shape. I then add either fiberglass mat or rondo to give the part independent strength. This method has proved itself in the past and gives very sturdy results. The rondo typically doesn't add too much weight if its used in thin layers.
    Dec 10, 2013, 3:44 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #4

Cool. Look forward to seeing your progress.
    Dec 18, 2013, 8:09 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #5

Ok so its update time people!

I got around to resining all of the parts i have complete at this time and even a little fiberglass work so here we go.

My apartment always looks like a meth lab when I'm doing resin work haha

I finished folding one of the thigh plates so I slapped some resin on it and its good to go.

Time for some fiberglass work. I normally cut the fiberglass into small squares to make it a little easier on big pieces but this time I decided to try a one piece method.

I underestimated how much resin I would need so I will have to finish after the resin dries.

Thats my progress so far. I'm working on the other thigh plate right now and due to some warping in the handle of the blaster I will most likely be remaking it so its perfect for molding.
    Dec 18, 2013, 9:24 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #6

Progress looks great. I will be watching this and will probably start my own after i finish my Boba. Can you post a pic with a blaster in the holster when the parts are hardened?
    Dec 18, 2013, 11:41 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #7

Quote sgtski said: View Post
    Progress looks great. I will be watching this and will probably start my own after i finish my Boba. Can you post a pic with a blaster in the holster when the parts are hardened?
    Sure thing. I did kind of a dry run by just holding the holster on the thigh plate with the blaster in it and it fit very well. I'll be sure to take a picture and post it as soon as I get everything hardened and glued together.
    Dec 31, 2013, 5:58 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #8

Ok so a quick progress update. I've been kinda busy with the holidays and all so I haven't gotten a whole lot done but here is everything so far. I even put the blaster in one of the holsters to show sizing. I think it fits pretty well.

I've got the back all cut out I just need to glue that together and resin it whenever my order of resin shows up.
    Jan 2, 2014, 2:36 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #9

Nice progress, looking good so far. The holidays have slowed my progress down as well.
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Jan 6, 2014, 9:04 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #10

wow! I'm starting on my own pre-vizsla inspired build pretty soon. I'm using his season 4/5 helmet, that's about it. everything else is gonna be custom. how much were the pep files?
    thanks! I'm looking forward for more updates! keep up the good work.
    -Ghost
    Jan 6, 2014, 10:57 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #11

Quote GhostDarAvode said: View Post
    wow! I'm starting on my own pre-vizsla inspired build pretty soon. I'm using his season 4/5 helmet, that's about it. everything else is gonna be custom. how much were the pep files?
    thanks! I'm looking forward for more updates! keep up the good work.
    -Ghost
    I got all the season 4/5 files for $110 I think. I can't remember the exact amount
  12. Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Jan 14, 2014, 9:44 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #12

Thanks for the reply!
    they certainly are excellent files from the photos here!
    Looking forward to more updates!
    -Ghost
    Jan 16, 2014, 6:38 PM - Re: Pre Vizsla season 4/5 build log #13

Ok so small update. Haven't made any huge leaps ahead. Ive glued the backplate and collar together only to find that the back plate is too small and the collar doesn't fit right. I ordered a collar and belt from KWDesigns off the bounty hunters guild forums and I'm remaking the back plate a bit bigger. Everything else has started to get fiberglassed and as soon as it warms up I can start with the bondo.

I had to use popsicle sticks to hold the back plate flat. It wanted to keep rolling in on itself but what I did fixed it. Since its too small I think I'll have it be the start to my girlfriends Bo Katan build haha.

Thats all for now. Hopefully I'll have more soon if it ever warms up.