Subscribe
    Feb 1, 2014, 5:01 PM - Painting tips? #1

Hello, I have just got done with trimming everything and now the armor is ready for some paint. I know that the brand of paint I will need is Krylon for plastic or Rustoleum 2X. But what I do not know are the exact colors.

and Do I need to paint everything first in primmer?

And some of the weathering I did for my clone was toothpast and when the paint was dry, I rubbed off the toothpast. Is there a easer way or a better way? maybe like rubber cemate.
    Feb 2, 2014, 9:57 AM - Re: Painting tips? #2

Concerning the toothpaste, I've already read some threads in various forums stating it works quite well. It's a quite practicable and furthermore cheap version. As long as you are happy with the results...
    A more "professional" alternative for example would be "masking fluid".
    Feb 2, 2014, 11:47 PM - Re: Painting tips? #3

I did toothpaste for my clone, but I think it is a little too striking of a difference for TCW characters. Kev recommends using pastels to give it a more organic/hand painted look. I would always use a primer before any other paints go down, after doing a surface scratch with 400+ grit sandpaper and a thorough soap and water washing. I'm personally using Rustoleum light grey automotive primer, Charcoal Metallic, Sail Blue gloss, Satin White for plastic, and will be top-coating with a satin or matte finish spray (haven't decided yet) once the weathering is done. I hope this helps!