So this is my first real build and I am really excited about it. Over the past six months I have collected the costume parts below:
The helmet is from Cruzer, armor kit from KWD, and Brahma boots from Walmart.
In the last few weeks I have worked hard to trim down the excess flashing on the armor pieces. To accomplish this, I use a cutting board, utility knife and pencil.
I then draw my cut lines, score them with the knife and then apply light to medium pressure until the plastic snaps in a nice neat line. Using a utility method is a quiet, dust free way of trimming armor kits. I do it at my kitchen table after I put the kiddos to bed.
Don't forget to save your extra flashing. You can use the larger scraps for repairs and the smaller scraps are great for making sludge (a mixture acetone and abs scraps). I am sure most of you know this already, but I just thought I would mention it. I made some rookie mistakes when cutting the knees, so I will be using ABS scraps and sludge to restore the knees to their former glory. I plan on showing how I did this in a future post.
Here is my kit trimmed up. I haven't finished trimming the details on the gauntlets yet.
I will post more on the knee repair later after I do some gluing. Thanks for reading!