Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Subscribe
    May 17, 2012, 4:41 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend #126

Amazing as always Lorenzo!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Bro

Leo
    May 21, 2012, 9:29 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #127

Thanks brother!

The first four helmet kits are completed and headed to the Golden Gate Garrison...looks like they may have a squad in the makings!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1673.JPG 
Views:	394 
Size:	162.9 KB 
ID:	61245
    May 22, 2012, 4:29 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #128

Very nice work bruv...
    May 22, 2012, 11:29 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #129

Very very nice, Cruzer. Keep it up!
  5. May 23, 2012, 12:32 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #130

Those GGG guys man they just don't quit!
  6. Jun 7, 2012, 7:24 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #131

So do you know if your going to have the entire costume done before CVI? Judging by the progress so far....
    Jun 11, 2012, 2:00 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #132

Liking this alot Cruzer , man you're gonna be finished in no time ! Great stuff
  8. Jul 14, 2012, 9:45 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #133

Was there any more progress on the armor or jetpack? I still really want to do this costume.
    Jul 16, 2012, 9:23 PM - A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #134

Hi. Sorry I've been busy trying to catch up on all of my outstanding Jango orders as well as teaching a session of summer school the past month and a half. However, I hope to start on the jet pack mold this upcoming weekend after I get some advice from a good friend on how to make the best mold for fiberglass production. I'll be sure to post my progress on the jet pack molds. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest to get just a few jet packs out there for those trying to put together a costume in time for C6.

As for the rest of the parts, the gauntlets are next on my list to tackle and should go rather quickly and easily because I'll use my 3/4 scale kid gauntlets as a base. These are the same gauntlets currently being used by a few women and should fit an average sized female wrist comfortably.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks,
    Lorenzo
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
  10. Jul 16, 2012, 9:34 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #135

Quote Cruzer said: View Post
    Hi. Sorry I've been busy trying to catch up on all of my outstanding Jango orders as well as teaching a session of summer school the past month and a half. However, I hope to start on the jet pack mold this upcoming weekend after I get some advice from a good friend on how to make the best mold for fiberglass production. I'll be sure to post my progress on the jet pack molds. I can't make any promises, but I'll try my hardest to get just a few jet packs out there for those trying to put together a costume in time for C6.

As for the rest of the parts, the gauntlets are next on my list to tackle and should go rather quickly and easily because I'll use my 3/4 scale kid gauntlets as a base. These are the same gauntlets currently being used by a few women and should fit an average sized female wrist comfortably.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Thanks,
    Lorenzo
    So I am definitely interested in the jetpack and the whole armor! I tried to PM you, but I've honestly never sent a PM on this forum, and I'm sure I didn't do it right. Lol. I've always wanted an approved BH costume. And especially seeing the trailer for the next season. I can't wait!! Sorry to keep bothering you. I appreciate the response. I'm a friend of Arturo's (Seeker). He's the one that pointed me towards you.
    Jul 19, 2012, 7:14 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #136

Ok, it's time to get started on the gauntlets and I'd like to have them done within the week since they appear pretty simple.
    The dilemma I'm having is trying to figure out how they are going to open to allow a hand to slip in and out if they are constructed of fiberglass.
    I've already started on the shell and will post progress pics when possible.
    I'm estimating a typical 5' to 5'6" female forearm to measure 8" in length from the wrist to the break in the elbow.
    It'd be nice if they could open and close like a Jango gauntlet, but I don't think the appearance of an exposed hinge would be acceptible by some people.
    Please let me know if anyone has any ideas for the opening/closure system.

Thanks,
    Lorenzo
  12. Jul 20, 2012, 1:31 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #137

I'm really not much of a costume builder but girl's hands are smaller than guys. Does it have to open and close like a Jango? If anything, I think a slip on gauntlet wouldn't be so bad, but it might not fit every girl...

And I know a few people out in my garrison that I think either use velcro (but cracks a bit from opening and closing) or earth magnets?
    Jul 21, 2012, 2:24 PM - A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #138

Actually I was thinking about the idea of a flexible slip-on gauntlet made in materials similar to the stunt blasters that are floating around out there.
    Quote Quote Posted from iOS app
    Jul 21, 2012, 5:35 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #139

I'm working on a similar Project
    Here a WIPshot of the prototype.
    http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/3273/gaunt1.png
    The Gaunttube is the same in every season anyway, only the Topboxes vary ;-)

For tinier Arms i suggest making two Circles out of EVA Foam. The Outerdiameter fits the Rear and Front opening of the Tube while the inner Diameter fits the Arm.
    I experienced that Magnets are a bad decision for keeping up Gaunts. Especially when the Undersuit should be tight like Katan. Can loose connection and then "bam to the ground"

But i can also recommend interal elastic Strapping. Or a simple Failsafe hook made out of a Beltsnap attached on the inside of the Gaunt and sewn to the undersuits forearm.
    Jul 22, 2012, 6:07 AM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #140

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas for the opening/closure system.
    Magnets
    Jul 24, 2012, 5:44 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #141

Well guys a new project has come up and it looks like I'm going to pause on this project for now. I'm not sure how fast I'm going to push the molds for the jetpack because I'd like to finish as much of this new project, as well as spend time with my kids in the next 2 weeks I have left of my vacation. I know there are a few people pushing for C6 Bo-Katan deadlines, and trust me I've already felt the pressure from a couple of you (you know who you are )! However, please keep in mind when I started this project 6 months ago, I didn't have a C6 deadline and was just building for fun and personal interest. Anyone who absolutely wants a jetpack in their hands before C6 will need to PM me to discuss the specifics, but keep in mind I will more than likely have a pre-C6 price for the push, or any expedited shipping costs. Thanks for the understanding.

Take it easy,
    Lorenzo
    Last edited by Cruzer; Jul 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM.
    Jul 24, 2012, 6:11 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #142

Pm Sent.
  18. Jul 25, 2012, 12:23 AM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #143

Enjoy your vacation with your family! If you do pick this back up and finish it, I'll be patiently waiting in line.
    Jul 28, 2012, 3:25 AM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #144

First coat of silicone is down...

Name:	IMG_0866.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	62527
    Jul 28, 2012, 10:00 AM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #145

Right on!
  21. I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    Jul 28, 2012, 8:11 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #146

First coat of silicone is down...

Name:	IMG_0866.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	62527

I love that you do that inside the house!!
    Jul 28, 2012, 11:16 PM - #147

Lol. I prefer pouring silicone in the kitchen area just to decrease the chances of debris and/or bugs landing on freshly poured silicone. But don't forget I'm a bachelor, so I can get away with it!
    Jul 30, 2012, 3:32 PM - #148

Ok, it looks like all of the molds will be done curing by tomorrow morning, and then I'll be ready to begin the first fiberglass copy.
    Jul 30, 2012, 4:30 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #149

Great News!
    Jul 31, 2012, 12:13 PM - Re: A little side project for a friend...Bo Katan #150

Cruzer you are doing a great master piece like always, great job...