Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Jul 24, 2014, 11:09 AM - Sellers to avoid #1

I don't see a thread on here on people to avoid on eBay, but having just had a poor experience with a Han cast, is it acceptable to start a thread highlighting people selling low quality products?
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Jul 24, 2014, 11:13 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #2

Everyone on ebay but man of war done
    Jul 24, 2014, 11:50 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #3

Quote Fett 4 Real said: View Post
    Everyone on ebay but man of war done
    Jul 26, 2014, 11:12 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #4

I have had thing happen to my casts, but the key is I will always take care of something that isnt right.

KingJawa is selling recasts of what I suspect is one of mine. He refuses to show his master, and his mold is of a partial han cast, which means at the best, its a cast of a cast (The mold is formed around the shape of the HIC pieces, not just a full mold and pouring part of it.
  6. Member Since
    Jul 2014
    Aug 8, 2014, 9:50 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #5

Does anyone have a email for Man of War? Thanks!
    Aug 8, 2014, 10:04 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #6

Just look for man of war studios on eBay.
  8. Aug 9, 2014, 4:49 AM - #7

Everyone on ebay apart from Man of War and MojoFett/ Mojo-skywalker
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
    Aug 10, 2014, 10:33 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #8

Yup, mojo has some good stuff too!
  10. Aug 11, 2014, 7:13 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #9

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    I have had thing happen to my casts, but the key is I will always take care of something that isnt right.

KingJawa is selling recasts of what I suspect is one of mine. He refuses to show his master, and his mold is of a partial han cast, which means at the best, its a cast of a cast (The mold is formed around the shape of the HIC pieces, not just a full mold and pouring part of it.
    Mike, i know KingJawa personally, and i am 100% positive his is NOT a recast of yours, or any other fan made HIC. He has the Elusive concepts (i think thats the name, its the licensed one)HIC. He told me he heavily modded a cast off of his EC Han, shifting the hands and changing the neckine etc. I believe he does them the way he does because its cheaper and easier to ship. Hence why his are usually less expensive also.
    Last edited by Darth Voorhees; Aug 11, 2014 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling corrections/added info
    Jan 24, 2015, 12:55 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #10

Evolution Props out of Argentina. They mite be going under a different name now. I see their pictures under another sellers name now. They were supposed to make em a custom Tie Pilot flightsuit. After 3mo of waiting I contacted them about my order. A few days later an empty DHL bag arrived. The bag was not ripped or torn, it was sealed & shipped from Argentina empty. I emailed them & threatened them with a PayPal claim. I received anotheg bag a few days later. This one did contain a flightsuit, but it was so small I could not wear it. It was supposed to be custom made to my measurments.
    Feb 8, 2015, 4:27 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #11

I recently bought a HIC kit off ebay seller "halloweenking999". I haven't gotten the cast yet, also comes with the 8 panels. Not sure if its going to be a good cast or not. I wasn't a member here at the time of purchase. Fingers crossed.
  13. Member Since
    May 2014
    Feb 16, 2015, 11:56 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #12

I got a hic cast from kingjawa last year. Had to tidy up the fingers a little, but overall it was good pull.
    Apr 25, 2015, 1:53 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #13

yikes, helpful thread is helpful.

thanks guys.
  15. Apr 30, 2015, 6:15 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #14

Ebay the wretched hive of scum and villainy haha
  16. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    Apr 30, 2015, 8:22 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #15

Does anyone have experience with Raindrops1138? I'm new to this and his Boba Helmets look nice.
    May 1, 2015, 3:29 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #16

If you don't see their name on here regularly in the good spotlight, your best bet is to not bother.
    never heard of the seller, and wouldn't go looking for them either. Stay away from eBay and etsy or whatever ain't TDH.
  18. Member Since
    Apr 2015
    May 1, 2015, 3:39 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #17

Damn. I got ahead of myself and bought one... looks like I learned my lesson. I guess I can practice painting it until I get a nice one off here.
  19. Member Since
    May 2015
    May 3, 2015, 8:26 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #18

Hello. Sorry for my English , I use a translator . Please tell me you can buy a form of han solo carbonite. I want to cast from plaster . I need only a form . Please tell me what it is made of silicone or resin ?

I would be very glad to answer. Dmitry
    May 5, 2015, 11:41 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #19

Kingjawa recast mine. Fyi.
  21. May 20, 2015, 6:45 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #20

I was thinking of buying one of the many Han heads on Ebay and doing the rest of the body myself.... Cheapest way for me when shipping is a killer. maybe I'll hold off a bit and find more (non re-cast) seller
    May 21, 2015, 9:39 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #21

What are you trying to do and what is your budget.
    May 21, 2015, 12:29 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #22

If you are in the VA / Maryland / D.C. area I have everything you need to build one. I am willing to sell and deliver it in this area, but don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it all. Not looking for any profit, just what I paid.
    All great condition as I received it.

- King Jawa (501st forums) Han mold
    - Zenix- box kit- good one, all interlocking pieces that fit together perfectly.
    - Zenix 3d printed greeblies (both packs)
    - StormRider "Volvo" side panels
    - Electronics kit with both adapters (battery and wall cord). 3 settings I believe, including the accurate "thawing process"
    - 1 Set of TrooperBay decals

PM if interested.
  24. May 22, 2015, 6:35 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #23

What are you trying to do and what is your budget.
    i was thinking of doing a door for a stores cupboard, a basic HIC nothing too fancy. It was to be a future project for my work shop.
    i like to slowly collect parts for builds and then dedicate a week or two for construction when I have everything, including time.

Quote Vultana said: View Post
    If you are in the VA / Maryland / D.C. area I have everything you need to build one. I am willing to sell and deliver it in this area, but don't want to go through the hassle of shipping it all. Not looking for any profit, just what I paid.
    All great condition as I received it.

- King Jawa (501st forums) Han mold
    - Zenix- box kit- good one, all interlocking pieces that fit together perfectly.
    - Zenix 3d printed greeblies (both packs)
    - StormRider "Volvo" side panels
    - Electronics kit with both adapters (battery and wall cord). 3 settings I believe, including the accurate "thawing process"
    - 1 Set of TrooperBay decals

PM if interested.

Unfortunately I live in New Zealand, so shipping is usually killer
    but will defiantly PM when I'm ready to start buying parts...

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing me a basic HIC will not stay basic for long, I like accuracy too much
    May 22, 2015, 8:16 AM - Re: Sellers to avoid #24

If I get a not perfect pull of the Han parts I'll let you know. Vultanas would be ideal. Lot of work went into gathering those.
  26. May 22, 2015, 1:52 PM - Re: Sellers to avoid #25

If I get a not perfect pull of the Han parts I'll let you know. Vultanas would be ideal. Lot of work went into gathering those.
    Cheers for that, I will keep my ear to the ground