Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 21, 2010, 4:26 PM - Need Help Han In Carbonite #1

Hey everyone,

My name is Alex Buechel, and im a star wars artist. I recently did a card set for topps, shown bellow and am trying to do a full size print of my two card puzzle with Boba and Han. However the reference i have of han is very low quality and was looking to see if anyone was (a) local -macomb michigan. and wouldn't mind if i come over with my camera or (b) could direct me to a good site where i can find an image almost exact to the one i have shown on the cards... or (c) could take a picture for me standing on the same angle as my drawing so i can do the rest...

I need to get this print done for Motor City Comic con, and printed, so im on a huge time crisis...

Thanks Alex

the image on the top right, is what im looking to re-do but with good reference.

Apr 21, 2010, 6:56 PM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #2

Man i wish i could help...but good job and congratulations on the artwork and cards!!
    Apr 21, 2010, 9:52 PM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #3

what references would you like? I can take any photos you want, i also have some very good ones from the last con.
  4. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 22, 2010, 8:21 AM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #4

I would need a photo, very similar (in not identical) to the one i dew up top. In the twin card set where you can see boba and han in carbonite. But the photo i used was reall low res, and it was cut off, id need more of the image. yet retaining the quality in face so when i draw it, it does look like han..

Just a side picture.... Im recreating that image up top i did for the cards. Just larger....
    Apr 22, 2010, 8:59 AM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #5

ill look toda for that pic. i know i have his face in high res, not sure if it goes all the way down. but i can take one tomorrow likely.
    Apr 22, 2010, 9:44 AM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #6

I knew if anyone could do this M2 could. I would love to see the final work guys!
  7. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Apr 22, 2010, 4:55 PM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #7

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    ill look toda for that pic. i know i have his face in high res, not sure if it goes all the way down. but i can take one tomorrow likely.
    That would be awesome. !
    Apr 23, 2010, 2:39 PM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #8

The subject of thsese was the fett for Philip Wise, however, you can see the HIC behind him. Its intentionally blurry using depth of field, but this is what I have on hand atm. ill look for more.

Apr 23, 2010, 2:41 PM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #9

For most browsers use your mouse scroll wheel and control at the same time to zoom in and out.
  10. Member Since
    Apr 2010
    May 7, 2010, 12:33 PM - Re: Need Help Han In Carbonite #10

thanks guys that was the perfect angle, I was able to partially use this....