Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Apr 2008
    Apr 16, 2008, 7:35 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #151

Quote azheat01 said: View Post
    Actually, the guy who sold me these does not make the panels, he just had a spare set.

Sorry, I have no idea how to mold and the piece has already been displayed.
    Not bad on the HIC i hope mine turns out that good
    Do u know where he got em? Or could u give me his name so i could ask him where he got em?
    Apr 17, 2008, 10:18 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #152

I think this turned out amazing. Not to mention great budget management. You spent exactly what you needed to for an amazing piece.

The only thing I think that could be improved is bulking up the body. The chest still looks a little flat.

Otherwise this is fantastic, an awesome display piece.
    Apr 18, 2008, 1:28 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #153

Quote CombatBaby said: View Post
    I think this turned out amazing. Not to mention great budget management. You spent exactly what you needed to for an amazing piece.

The only thing I think that could be improved is bulking up the body. The chest still looks a little flat.

Otherwise this is fantastic, an awesome display piece.

Thanks for the compliment! Yeah, some of my dimensions are off and it was too late to fix them. It was hard to get a perspective when building it becasue it was always laying flat.

But.......I have already begun building another! I was fairly certain I was going to do it, but I did not intend on doing it so soon. Now I know how to build a better one. I am also going to increase my budget some, but want to keep it under $500.00. I am pretty excited about doing it over again.

The one pictured above will be for sale shortly.
    Apr 18, 2008, 3:30 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #154

Very tempting azheat... PM sent
    Apr 19, 2008, 1:20 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #155

PM sent!
    Apr 19, 2008, 2:03 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #156

Sorry if I'm asking something already asked. I didn't have time right now to read through the whole thread. I'm really curious if you plan to make a mold and cast from this, or just use the sculp as is. It's looking awesome, and I have been wanting to get one of those Solo in carbonite faces myself and do the same thing. I have a male clothes display torso I got from a going-out-of-business shop a while back that I think is pro'ly just the right size to get the shape of his chest/belly area.
    Apr 19, 2008, 9:58 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #157

I don't think I will be casting off this one, but I plan on casting off my second attempt, which I am currently working on.

I will keep you posted.
    Oct 17, 2008, 10:25 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #158

I think using a duct tape cast of a person to get the shape close would work.

The hands in the real HIC are raised out quite a bit, but they are back filled so you could make a mold easy enough.

Ive been toying with a way to make a really cool piece out of my HIC.

Nice thread az. Id like to see some pics of your second attempt.
  9. Member Since
    Jan 2008
    Dec 22, 2008, 11:30 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #159

I'm looking forward to the second attempt as well. I've been collecting reference photos for the past year now. Hopefully sometime in the next year I will have time to give this a try myself.
  10. Dec 28, 2008, 8:59 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #160

This is a great tutorial. I purchased a HIC face and will start this project soon. I am having a hard time finding hands that will work. I am afraid to buy rubber hands because of paint adhesion problems.
    Dec 28, 2008, 5:55 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #161

Not that I could have done it better, and it does look rad! Fab and great. But...

The body part looks a bit flat as if he is hugging towards a window. Im sure you have noticed. if you are doing another build like this. I suggest you work more on the 3D feel of the body. oh. If you ever fly by Tatooine you can get a good price for that pice I hear...
  12. Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Dec 29, 2008, 6:21 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #162

I wish I had seen this earlier. What a great job, and thanks for sharing the step by step process as well.

Boushhfan
    Jan 19, 2009, 10:41 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #163

Thanks azheat for the great advice in your response. I've started looking at various options, including an upper body mold like you recommended.

I'm also keeping an eye on the thread started here where they are attempting to do it all in one piece.

Just trying to analyze my options right now.

Great work. I was wondering on this next go around, are you going to make the Case that encompasses the carbonite that has the panels attached to it thicker in depth like in the original instead of using just the thinner plywood for the siding?
    Jan 20, 2009, 5:34 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #164

Evening again. I recently found this posable hand on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=190280942242

The only problem is, i contacted the seller and they said they don't know of any way to get a left hand to match it. LOL...

I was wondering if anyone has ever had experience with these style hands before and knew how to get a matching pair?

I was looking at this as an alternative to the standard rubber hands and having to cut/bend/glue them into shape.

Any thoughts?
    Jan 25, 2009, 4:29 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #165

Excellent job there dude
    Jan 27, 2009, 6:13 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #166

very nice I just looked through your whole process and i think ILM would be proud :P

Actually I am much more interested in the theatre I think that is whats gonna happen in my garage if I can find somewhere else to park the car heh.
    Jan 28, 2009, 9:10 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #167

looks brilliant
    Jan 28, 2009, 4:29 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #168

That looks AWESOME! Well done. Definitely a great display duo now!
  19. Member Since
    Oct 2008
    Feb 8, 2009, 11:36 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #169

Wow...very nice........simply amazing
    Feb 9, 2009, 6:09 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #170

If you haven't seen my mini theater thread, check it out here.

http://www.thedentedhelmet.com/showt...t=mini+theater

I am working on the 2 back chairs now, it's almost done.

Quote DarthTB said: View Post
    Actually I am much more interested in the theatre I think that is whats gonna happen in my garage if I can find somewhere else to park the car heh.
    Feb 9, 2009, 6:30 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #171

Hey Raijlin,

Yes, on my next one, I am going to try and make the cabinet a little different. It will be a little thicker and will have the border that seperates the carbonite from the case.

I am still figuring out a few details.

Quote Raijlin said: View Post
    Great work. I was wondering on this next go around, are you going to make the Case that encompasses the carbonite that has the panels attached to it thicker in depth like in the original instead of using just the thinner plywood for the siding?
    Feb 10, 2009, 5:00 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #172

Quote azheat01 said: View Post
    Thanks!

I am also going to try and post some video of the working LEDs.
    Can you also post a wiring diagram, including the quantity of LED's you are using? I'm in this project as well at home, and I'm planning to make it "screen-accurate" lights, to include the "HERO" panel. Only problem I'm facing is...I don't know anything about ELECTRONICS, and also I cannot find the actual 7-8 segment numeric LED displays, since the last digit has "PLUS" and "MINUS" symbols, and I don't see them anywhere, at least in YELLOW.

Robert
    Feb 10, 2009, 6:15 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #173

The diagram is listed in the above posts. As for the parts, they are all listed in the post from 03-15-08.

Good luck.
  24. Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Feb 16, 2009, 9:12 AM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #174

Wow - this board amazes me with the ingenuity and skill of the folk on here.

Would even know where to start.

Azheat - looks absolutely fabulous
    Feb 16, 2009, 12:05 PM - Re: My Lifesize Han Solo in Carbonite Project - 1st Attempt * Picture Intensive * #175

This is amazing. I'm breathless. Wish I had one of these here in my living room.
    Don't think the mrs. would be as happy though.