Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Dec 5, 2012, 1:46 PM - Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #1

Ok, so I'm very new to this project and I'm just starting to get deep into research. I understand how the basic design works for the frame and Han and the panels etc. However, I'm not sure how (or where) to get some basic LEDs packages?? I'm not completely dead set on 100% accuracy (gasp) as I don't really have the dough to drop on those high end sets. I've seen some of the home made HIC with just your basic LEDs set on the volvo panels. Where do these small - 5 to 10 bulb sets come from? Also, I've seen one that has basically 1 switch to turn on all 8 panels. I need to figure out how to do that. And finally, once they are all wired together could it be plugged into a wall outlet that would be attached to a wall light switch? I'm thinking once this guy get mounted on the wall, he ain't movin. So I'd love to have it all run together and then to a light switch. Any thoughts on this?
    Dec 5, 2012, 3:20 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #2

You can shot darthchromer a PM. I think he offered complete light sets. He is also your man for greeblies.
    You can switch off on the ledīs with the hero panel knobs.
    I have a build thread here in the section where you can see the Hero panel (the silver one) with the two knobs if you wish i can make a shot from behind and you can see the cabling.
  3. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Dec 5, 2012, 7:08 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #3

Quote Fekali said: View Post
    You can shot darthchromer a PM. I think he offered complete light sets. He is also your man for greeblies.
    You can switch off on the ledīs with the hero panel knobs.
    I have a build thread here in the section where you can see the Hero panel (the silver one) with the two knobs if you wish i can make a shot from behind and you can see the cabling.
    THat would be much appreciated!
    Dec 6, 2012, 2:02 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #4

Here are two pictures from behind.

first is the Heropanel electronics....

second is the second hero panel....

Hope that helps!
  5. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 6, 2012, 6:13 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #5

Might even want to talk to fettronics he makes something that may be more cost effective for u
    Dec 7, 2012, 10:10 AM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #6

Jon (fettronics) did mine . Not accurate but very nice and awesome price. He posted on the HIC builders board about building a more accurate version. He needs / wants one side panal for measurements. I have a video on utube. There's a link in my hic build thread ( my HIC ) .
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 7, 2012, 10:25 AM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #7

David remind me on a txt mssg...I think I can get him in touch with someone to get him a panel.
    Dec 7, 2012, 9:03 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #8

Will do Dom. I want to see your new work area too if you've set it up yet
  9. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Dec 8, 2012, 1:11 AM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #9

Working on it. We're almost done unpacking and I am planning to build a little something over Christmas break
  10. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Dec 16, 2012, 4:06 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #10

Where did you buy your circuit boards? And please bear with me. When you attached the LEDs to the wires, do you just cut the outer covering and solder the LED leg to the wire?
  11. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Jan 3, 2013, 5:47 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #11

I'm 95% ready to sell my sets. I'm trying to clean up my Volvo panel to get some good video of them working. I'll let you know when they're ready. They will offer a lot of the features of the pricy sets, but will only be $75 + shipping.
    Jan 5, 2013, 11:17 AM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #12

Looking forward to seeing these Jon going to start my 2nd HIC here in the next few months.
  13. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Jan 27, 2013, 3:57 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #13

Here's a link to my light set in action. Han in Carbonite Hero Light Panel with Fettronics HIC Light Set - YouTube. 99% ready to start selling!
  14. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Jan 29, 2013, 1:05 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #14

When you're ready to sell them, I'm ready to buy them. Those are really nice. My next question is do I need to get the panels from Darthchromer or are you selling the whole board like on the youtube video?
  15. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Jan 29, 2013, 7:15 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #15

The main hero panel is not included, but the small white panels that surround the segments are. You can check out my website for a picture of what's included. www.frttonics.com.
    Jan 30, 2013, 4:52 AM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #16

fettronics, would one of these(Amazon.com: Duracell Instant Usb Charger/Includes Universal Cable With Usb & Mini Usb 1 Count: Health & Personal Care) keep the lights on if i wanted to take han with me to an event?
  17. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Jan 30, 2013, 8:57 AM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #17

Ok, I checked out the website to see what is included. Do these components all snap together easily? I don't have alot of experience with this stuff. Is it idiot proof? So basically if I have a hero panel, this light kit will just mount right onto it? Thanks.
  18. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Jan 30, 2013, 4:56 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #18

Saint_Nasty - I don't see where it gives the voltage, so I can't say for sure. As long as the output voltage isn't more than 6 volts, I would say yes? Running time ???

Housedady - Assembly is fairly minor; the LEDs for the top light snap into the round lenses, and the two panel lights plug into pin connectors on the driver board. The segment lights have a screw and nut that keeps them in their panels. I'll probably ship them assembled, so you know how things go. The panels are sized to fit the Volvo Hero panel. I have a resin cast (as seen in the video) that was cast from the actual panel, so the sizing should be correct. Mounting the two panels to the hero panel is up to you. Hot glue would probably work fine.
  19. Member Since
    Dec 2012
    Jan 30, 2013, 6:15 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #19

Great. I just ordered a couple Volvo panels so whenever you're ready to ship please let me know. thanks again.
  20. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Feb 21, 2013, 6:32 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #20

I finally got all my parts in and I'm ready to start selling some sets! They are $75 + shipping. I changed up the black knob for a metal one, but the rest of the set looks like the picture on my website Home - Fettronics Star Wars Boba Fett Mando Mandolorian Costume Custom Light Boards.

PM me if you are interested.
  21. Member Since
    Sep 2007
    Feb 24, 2013, 3:18 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #21

Here is a video of my light set in operation.

Fettronics Han In Carbonite Light Set v2 Installed - YouTube
    Feb 28, 2013, 6:06 PM - Re: Lighting the side panels - ANY advice appreciated....... #22

Folks,
    I just wanted to say that I just received my light kit from Fettronics today and it is everything that is advertised! I am very impressed with the quality of the kit and the speed with which it was delivered was remarkable (2 days from receipt of payment!). I know there are several kits out there to choose from as I have been looking for a while, but I choose this kit for a couple of reasons, the price (very reasonable), the LED displays are placed in their correct housings and the addition of the AC adapter as part of the price. When the kit arrived I was also surprised to find the required Allen wrenches to remove the LED's from the housings and the knob for installation in the Volvo panel! I am extremely satisfied with the kit and can't wait until I have enough money saved up to start buying the panels now!!!!!

Thanks Jon (Fettronics)!!!!!!!

Joe