Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

  1. #1
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,286

    Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Hey guys not sure if you guys have noticed or not, but we have this new forum. Where we can start gathering and sharing our HIC info, and not in EMAILS. I think this new forum will be a great tool for ALOT of people. I know alot of people lurk and dont join. In a few months I hope to get started on a HIC once the ESB is finished up when I return to the US.

  2. #2

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Yea im looking to build one at some point as well. Hopefully this forum will end up with lots of info!

  3. #3
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,286

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    It shall be so...

  4. #4
    I helped at SDCC '08 Fett Seven's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    From
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    397

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Good to see this forum here . I have an HIC (front panel only) sitting in the garage waiting to be resurrected to its full glory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0776-jpg  

  5. #5
    saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    I'm in the same place with my hic, fett seven. I posted blueprints for the box, hopefully mads will be able to gather up the build threads and move them in here soon.

  6. #6

    Member Since
    Jul 2012
    From
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    4

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Thank you, this is a good starting point for me. All I needed were the blueprints. I'll be starting this soon and posting progress pics

  7. #7
    Sambren88's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    15

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Where to begin??? Ive looked at all the older posts and you have to be a investigator in these matters to find step by steps. I'm trying to get my own HIC going and so far I have the complex blueprints for the frame. I understand the cost and am wondering if anyone still makes these front panels? Also if anyone has a good link on construction please throw it out there! I cant wait till my HIC is displayed in my basement in all its glory.

  8. #8
    DarthMiller's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2005
    From
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Awesome!!!

  9. #9
    saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Sambren88 said: View Post
    Where to begin??? Ive looked at all the older posts and you have to be a investigator in these matters to find step by steps. I'm trying to get my own HIC going and so far I have the complex blueprints for the frame. I understand the cost and am wondering if anyone still makes these front panels? Also if anyone has a good link on construction please throw it out there! I cant wait till my HIC is displayed in my basement in all its glory.
    stormrider does, as far as i know. but he's been MIA since april, so i don't know

  10. #10
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,286

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Its quite possible hes in South Korea, his wifes family is here...and he spoke about a possible trip. I would be patient with him in his rough patch here.

  11. #11
    Stormrider's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    From
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    I am around now.

    I havent been so much missing in action, or absent without leave, I posted a few months back that my wife has terminal colon cancer, and we are fighting it the best we can to get her more time. I am in a situation now that I can work on props every other week to try to pay some medical bills. So for the next 4-6 weeks I hope to push out 10-20 hics/guns to fill some of the demand that has built up.

    I am glad this forum is up and going.

    I will be doing HICs and blasters only for a while. (They are the simplest to do materials wise). I have my original Illusive mold, as well as I am finishing up a cleaned up version (removing some tool marks, making the cast crisper etc.). There is a sale thread in the cargo hold explaining everying. I look forward to meeting some of the new members that are here to do HICS!

    And, thanks to everyone for being patient and for the kind words.

  12. #12
    saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    stormrider is alive!!!

  13. #13
    High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    From
    USAF Utah
    Posts
    5,286

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    saint_nasty said: View Post
    stormrider is alive!!!
    I told you so...hehe nice to see you around brother...hope to see you around as much as you can be

  14. #14
    dlzx9r's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2009
    From
    madison,ms.
    Posts
    748

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Nice glad to see this up. Took long enough lol

  15. #15
    DarthVader1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2003
    From
    Phenix City, AL
    Posts
    2,462

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    As one of the oldest members here... I'm proud to know that we have this HIC section here. Vince and I had a quick conversation a couple of years back, about hosting a dedicated forum for the HiC project. He was right... too expensive to host for just one single project.... and complicated.

    Thanks TDH for making this happen!

  16. #16
    darthchromer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    From
    Spokane Wa.
    Posts
    20

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Great new forum! I'm glad you guys decided to do this, thanks.

  17. #17
    saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    welcome to the east platform, darthchromer! glad to have you here.

  18. #18
    darthchromer's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    From
    Spokane Wa.
    Posts
    20

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    saint_nasty said: View Post
    welcome to the east platform, darthchromer! glad to have you here.
    Thanks, glad I found out about it. Just noticed your not to far from me. If your ever my way drop in.
    Last edited by darthchromer; Aug 2, 2012 at 9:12 PM.

  19. #19
    saint_nasty's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!
    Posts
    2,815

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    next time i find myself heading over to coeur d'alene i'll let you know.

  20. #20
    Sambren88's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    15

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    Stormrider said: View Post
    I am around now.

    I havent been so much missing in action, or absent without leave, I posted a few months back that my wife has terminal colon cancer, and we are fighting it the best we can to get her more time. I am in a situation now that I can work on props every other week to try to pay some medical bills. So for the next 4-6 weeks I hope to push out 10-20 hics/guns to fill some of the demand that has built up.

    I am glad this forum is up and going.

    I will be doing HICs and blasters only for a while. (They are the simplest to do materials wise). I have my original Illusive mold, as well as I am finishing up a cleaned up version (removing some tool marks, making the cast crisper etc.). There is a sale thread in the cargo hold explaining everying. I look forward to meeting some of the new members that are here to do HICS!

    And, thanks to everyone for being patient and for the kind words.
    SR, do you still have any full front panels that would be ready to ship?

  21. #21

    Re: Its ALIVE, a new forum REALLY its here.

    I also am interested stormrider in a front mold. Also, I hope your wife is doing well.

Similar Threads

  1. Thank you for the forum
    By Gra30 in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 8, 2011, 5:08 AM
  2. New member to the forum
    By dfwfett in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jul 7, 2011, 1:32 PM
  3. Question: more forum help please
    By woodman in forum The Sarlacc Pit
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2009, 5:54 AM
  4. New to the forum
    By Armor Driver in forum Introductions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 18, 2009, 9:07 AM
  5. Dead or Alive Your Coming With Me!
    By OrtharRrith in forum Expanded Universe Bounty Hunters
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: May 25, 2006, 10:31 PM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •