Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Subscribe
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:05 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #76

Incredible!!!
  2. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Aug 29, 2009, 2:22 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #77

It turned out great! As soon as you know if you do one in resin (perhaps strengthened with some fiberglass) plz let me know!

Also, I don't know how it can be done into 3 or 4 sections so that shipping is possible...

Anyway, I'm hooked up on this!
    Aug 29, 2009, 10:21 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #78

Ok heres the breakdown.

Im going to estimate the shipping in the us from 50 to 100 east and west coast for the rubber. There are still a few thing I need to look at, such as if the piece is rolled for 3 days, that it lays out flat and perfect. I may have to let them fully cure for a day or two before shipping to insure that no 'creasing happens'.

I dont believe that it should be created all the way to the edge like I did this time, I think it should go to where the 'texture' stops on the face.

It will save me a little resin, and logically, that 'part' is where the seam should be. It will make it easier to build 'full' props for people. I will make one out of foam core for people to see.

The boxes for the sides are going to be seperate. Im working on the cad to get clean ones cut. I can however make copies of the ones that shipped with it if people are interested. But I think personally they look nasty. Poor and un-crips detail.

So pricing, should be about this in the us.

$350 to $375 shipped for black add $40 if you want it gun metal. The gunmetal takes me more than an hour to put on, and costs about $20 bucks a cast.

The mold weighs 88 lbs. The shell was 10 gallon kits of shell coat.

50 lbs of silicone is around $500 and the 10 gallon kits are 60 each. When all was said and done, theres about $1400 in the mold its self.

Each gallon kit of rubber is $100 ish. Depending on how much I buy at a time.

so:
    375 Each Piece
    -75 for shipping
    -100 for rubber
    -100 for 8 hours work (the mold was about 100 hrs work ill devide by that by 20 copies)
    -70 towards the mold costs

well you can see there will be little or no profit here. But I Intend to make one for myself, to make a desk out of, and then sell the master (which is another 1500 towards the total cost of project).

Lets just say, for those still interested and reading, its a deal.

So, im going to accept 8 orders to start, at a promised price of $399 or less shipped continental US. Add actual difference for international. Ill assess my costs and time after that and it may go up some. I feel bad I cant keep to the original $300 ish shipped, but the labor involved in making one, the concerns about it being too soft, so having to make it thicker, and the materials cost already inolved is through the roof. Each batch of rubber has to be mixed, and then degassed, and then spread properly. It is a tough process. And to be honest, im not even looking forward to doing the 10 (one I owe, one for me and 8 more).

I dont know how many copies this thing will make, and I dont want to oversell. I doubt ill redo the mold when it dies. It would probably kill me and sap my soul to do this again.

But its going to make a nice desk.
    Last edited by Stormrider; Aug 29, 2009 at 10:29 AM.
    Aug 29, 2009, 10:30 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #79

Ok, you can put me on the list to purchase. I want one. Excellent work!
    Aug 29, 2009, 10:31 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #80

I suppose I should add for another 200 - 300 ish, the rubber pulls can include the sides.

Which means you could build an internal structure to fill th entire thing. Extra shipping would apply.

And I wont get to pulling thse till monday. Its at the shop, and its closed Finally a vacatioN!
  6. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Aug 29, 2009, 10:46 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #81

Looking great M, still interested!
  7. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:02 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #82

I'm in...

LMK if it is possible the way I mentioned (only the "textured" area is enough, as you said, the flat border around the carbonite isn't necessary to cast).

Rigid cast in 3 or 4 resin sections, all shipped to europe.

If it isn't possible in any way to do it in resin or fiberglass backed up resin (into 3 or 4 sections), then I will settle down for a rubber cast...but resin would be top notch!

cheers
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:06 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #83

I can try a resin, however, I would have to cast it as one piece, and then slice it with a ban saw, id have to see what I could do.

Theres no way to cast it in three sections, unles I made some silicone dividers. Which wold be difficult.
  9. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:33 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #84

I like the rubber version. The material like the knees would be great. Very firm.
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:38 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #85

Hi,

holy cow, great work !

How much be will a rubber version in gun metal shipped to Germany ?

Really interested,

thanks

Florian
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:40 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #86

I am interesed in the rubber, including the sides. Could you please (whenever you have time) calculate shipping to Europe?

Thanks

Regards

Alfredo
    Aug 29, 2009, 12:53 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #87

Can't pass this up! PM sent to ya, brother! GREAT JOB on this!
    Aug 29, 2009, 2:24 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #88

Yep, like I said last week via PM before I left for vacation, definately want in for a gunmetal to Abbotsford, BC, Canada.
    Aug 29, 2009, 4:03 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #89

Because of the price of making and shipping these, its gonna have to be verified paypal to verified addresses. So verify yourself now! It ony takes a day or two!

Ill whip up the list soon.

Im going to whip up some silicone 'helpers' to help me make these things a little quicker.

Mondays the day it all happens.

M2
    Aug 29, 2009, 5:11 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #90

My verified paypal is

iamwoodenhorse@hotmail.com

Thanks

Alfredo
  16. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Aug 29, 2009, 5:23 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #91

Quote Bobby Fett UK said: View Post
    I like the rubber version. The material like the knees would be great. Very firm.
    Me too!!!

Or if there was a possibility of a lite version like the helmet interiors

I say this because I wouldnt have the room for a fully boxed HIC but one that I could hang on the back of a door like a poster...

How much would the rubber weigh for shipping I wonder...

Dave
    Aug 29, 2009, 5:29 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #92

I could probably do a foam version like the inserts. The front in rubber is roughly 20-22 lbs. The hands and face and toes are pretty much solid. the rest is 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.

The one you see is rubber, but im going to make dividers to only pour it to the edge of the texture next time. So i can use the extra rubber on the 'details'. To make a full sized replica, you would want to cut it at the texture and 'inset' it anyway. If you wanted to do it right.

Soooooo much to do, so littl time
  18. Member Since
    Mar 2008
    Aug 29, 2009, 5:48 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #93

whatever is easier for you mate - Im interested!!!

Dave
    Aug 29, 2009, 8:28 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #94

PM sent!
  20. Member Since
    Jun 2009
    Aug 30, 2009, 1:02 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #95

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    I can try a resin, however, I would have to cast it as one piece, and then slice it with a ban saw, id have to see what I could do.

Theres no way to cast it in three sections, unles I made some silicone dividers. Which wold be difficult.
    As I've said, if it's impossible without doing annoying extra work then I'll take a rubber version.

Just forget the resin and the cutting...I'll settle down on a rubber version.

My paypal account should be verified. Just lmk when you take payments (including an international shipping qoute).

cheers
    Aug 30, 2009, 5:04 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #96

To clarify the paypal thing, if you have bought from me before, it shouldnt be a problem.

I am getting quite a few 'never posted' and from 'zimbabwe' people messaging me.

There is a high level of tr4ust on this, with just shipping and materials costing me 200 right off the bat.

People with good reputations here need not worry, no reputation people shouldnt have a problem getting verified

I hope that clears it up.

I think the rubber will be a lot more firm and solid than people thing. Ill take more pics tomorrow.
    Aug 30, 2009, 6:42 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #97

Mike, I have a cousin's brothers badmitten teammate from Kzirkistan that wants one. PM me for his PP addy.
    Aug 30, 2009, 7:46 PM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #98

haha. Tell him I said:

Hurry Mr. Hello
    I am for opportunity for him. Simply with haste paypal me $400 USD funds prompt. I immediately as can make appropriate shipment of said goods.
  24. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Aug 31, 2009, 2:46 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #99

Quote Stormrider said: View Post
    haha. Tell him I said:

Hurry Mr. Hello
    I am for opportunity for him. Simply with haste paypal me $400 USD funds prompt. I immediately as can make appropriate shipment of said goods.
    Sounds quite genuine.

Aug 31, 2009, 11:38 AM - Re: Han In Carbonite: In the rubber #100

PM sent with a couple of questions.
    Thanks!