I just thought I'd show you all some of my current project (in between working on the dalek).
I always really liked the ROTJ Y&A wing helmets and I fancied a scratch build, whilst I wait on a Boba helmet to get here from the US.
I started initially with all the reference pics I could find on the net from SW exhibitions and draw it up in Illustrator. From here I started work on a 3D render with StudioMax. I was considering build it up in Pepakura, but thought I'd build up the way it would have been by crew in the 80's with carving around a few motorcycle helmets.
Here are a couple of pics of the rendering.
...and some of the progress.
The plan is get a decent buck made I'm happy with and make a mould from there.
I will probably hold on from update pictures though until its about complete. I thought I'd let people know what I was working on!!