Y-Wing pilot helmet Pepakura

From
    Texas

Y-Wing pilot helmet Pepakura

I just finished this, so I figured I would post it up. The bottom edge of the "chin" probably needs to be wider, but since this is the only y-wing helmet pep in existence, I don't think anyone will complain too much :P The depth of the inset areas is exaggerated to allow for resin and bondo, so don't freak out about them being so deep. Also, the top of the head is a bit square-ish, but is only noticeable at a certain angle. I have attempted making this thing several times and they all looked like a Picasso painting of Jabba the Hutt. I am very pleased with how this one turned out. Thanks to Ywingfighter for the references. I may model the visor as a vac-form buck, so you guys with vac-forming equipment can make your own visors. Speaking of which, if there is a visor that is hard to find or make, send me a pm and I will try to model a pepakura buck for vac-forming.

This is a .pdf of a Pepakura development, so scaling up may be difficult, but you can always make it smaller if needed. I used a model of a head inside the helmet to visualize the scale compared to screen references, then I measured my head. It should be about right, but my math may be off for the metric conversion. If it is totally off, I will release the .pdo individually by email and pm.
    Anyway, on to the file.

Download it here!

Re: Y-Wing pilot helmet Pepakura

Nice work, would you say the height is around 250-300(mm)?

From
    Seville, Spain

It's stunning, congratulations. And thank you for sharing it!

From
    Middlesbrough UK

hey dung - always really like your repleases.
    just heard abt ur recent problems and the reasons for the pdf releases - soz to hear abt it mate
    will give this a go and let you know how the scale works out

Nate

From
    Wisconsin

I love it! yeah, and what is the default hight? I'm guessing 300 hight but...

Wow first person to make the X-Wing Helmet was me and now Dung got the Y-Wing helmet done, hey Dungbeetle I think I still have a high-def TIE Pilot Helmet I got from a friend of mine would you like to take a crack at it? I got it from Lord Helmet from the Omega Wing group.

From
    Texas

Fierfek said: View Post
    Nice work, would you say the height is around 250-300(mm)?
    The height is 229mm is that too small?

Vagabond, I was going to ask you if I could edit your x-wing helmet and combine it with the face of my stormtrooper helmet to make the tie pilot one, but if you have a model already, email it to me at prop.master@live.com.

From
    LR,Arkansas

I have a y-wing helmet if you would like me to send you any measurements I would be glad to

From
    Wisconsin

Most helmets are around the 300 range, I have a small head and 265mm high is the perfect size for me. I don't think that'll fit... and if you scale it up, the parts may be broken between pages. I believe nintendude was working on a Tie helmet... so you might want to wait till he ges back to you.

From
    Texas

woodman said: View Post
    I have a y-wing helmet if you would like me to send you any measurements I would be glad to
    That would be great!

From
    West Midlands, UK

Nice work dung0beetle! On all of your pep files!