Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

  1. #26
    Cod'ika's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    From
    Mandalore,NC
    Posts
    396

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    ok so the argument needs to stop,nobody cares and if it REALLY bothers you that friggin much zero why dont you send your friend an email with the link and let him talk for himself bout wether he cares or not,honestly i dont think its really all that important seeing as how your basically saying skip is guilty of stealing an idea when ALL clone and most mando armors are the idealogical property of whomever holds the copyrights to them and yes we may give them credit but how many of us have asked for permiision from their creator to use there ideas and designs? thats all i got to say for it as of now.

    so lets end the argument,flame war,whatever you want to call it and move on to what we all really are hear for,the kick shebs awsomeness of SW and probmaking!

  2. #27
    CGClone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    From
    Cordova, TN
    Posts
    556

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    I understand the underlying argument, but the argument should beone of that model isnt anywhere near accurate, so what is trying to be accomplished?

  3. #28
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    It's slightly different than that Cod'ika. Basicly, he's claiming I stole a 3D model and used directly for the templates I'm trying to create.

    He's on the right track as I've already said, I did use a 3D model that was sent to me by someone via email. That person said if I remember rightly that the original creator wanted to remain anonomous. I was foolish enough to ask no more questions.

    However, I promise you all that every original face(you see them as squares in the picture) was deleted as I modeled new ones. I quess I was a little lazy during the modelling phase as I did follow alot of the original wireframe. Hence the striking similarity between the two models. However, I did not steal anyones work in the way he's describing. That's taking it too far. Also, I most certainly do NOT lay claim to the original model, only to the work I did to make my own.

    If Zero wants to post the picture of his overlay then he can. It will indeed show similarities between the two models. I've never denied that or said that mine is totally different. Only that I used Emilios 3D model to base my own off of. It's something that I'll never do again as this thread has become a lesson to me. When you use someone else' work in the way I have it stops you from being the sole creator, it stops your own individual style from showing through.

    Zero, if you want to PM me with private comments or even a contact address for Emilio then I'd appreciate it. It would be useless for us to continue this if it turned out that Emilio didn't even mind the way in which I've used his model. So I'd appreciate the opportunity to speak to him myself regarding this.

    Also, now that I know who the original creator of the original 3D model is I'd gladly give them the credit they most certainly deserve. I'll edit the post in my blog later to acknowledge him.

    You have to realise that without knowing who created the original model it would have been very difficult to give them credit. I thought I was doing right by admitting from the start that I used another 3D model to kickstart this project. I was not claiming the original work was mine now was I?? I think not.

    I'm glad you know of what happened to my work last year too. Maybe you understand now that I would not knowingly rip off others work when it has happened to me in the past. I have told you that I have strong feelings about this practice. Also, that was why I chose to sell my work. Not to make money, but to try and limit how people obtained my files to begin with. My blog has grown since then and I do make some money from what I do through sales and commissions but it is not why I do it.

    I'd like nothing more than to draw a line here and end this.

  4. #29

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    CGClone said: View Post
    I understand the underlying argument, but the argument should beone of that model isnt anywhere near accurate, so what is trying to be accomplished?
    Very good point also. Along those lines it wont fit a human anyway. I wanted to stay away from that point but since it was brought up the final product would not be acceptable for any of the standard set by the current clone groups

  5. #30

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Skupilkinson said: View Post
    It's slightly different than that Cod'ika. Basicly, he's claiming I stole a 3D model and used directly for the templates I'm trying to create.

    He's on the right track as I've already said, I did use a 3D model that was sent to me by someone via email. That person said if I remember rightly that the original creator wanted to remain anonomous. I was foolish enough to ask no more questions.

    However, I promise you all that every original face(you see them as squares in the picture) was deleted as I modeled new ones. I quess I was a little lazy during the modelling phase as I did follow alot of the original wireframe. Hence the striking similarity between the two models. However, I did not steal anyones work in the way he's describing. That's taking it too far. Also, I most certainly do NOT lay claim to the original model, only to the work I did to make my own.

    If Zero wants to post the picture of his overlay then he can. It will indeed show similarities between the two models. I've never denied that or said that mine is totally different. Only that I used Emilios 3D model to base my own off of. It's something that I'll never do again as this thread has become a lesson to me. When you use someone else' work in the way I have it stops you from being the sole creator, it stops your own individual style from showing through.

    Zero, if you want to PM me with private comments or even a contact address for Emilio then I'd appreciate it. It would be useless for us to continue this if it turned out that Emilio didn't even mind the way in which I've used his model. So I'd appreciate the opportunity to speak to him myself regarding this.

    Also, now that I know who the original creator of the original 3D model is I'd gladly give them the credit they most certainly deserve. I'll edit the post in my blog later to acknowledge him.

    You have to realise that without knowing who created the original model it would have been very difficult to give them credit. I thought I was doing right by admitting from the start that I used another 3D model to kickstart this project. I was not claiming the original work was mine now was I?? I think not.

    I'm glad you know of what happened to my work last year too. Maybe you understand now that I would not knowingly rip off others work when it has happened to me in the past. I have told you that I have strong feelings about this practice. Also, that was why I chose to sell my work. Not to make money, but to try and limit how people obtained my files to begin with. My blog has grown since then and I do make some money from what I do through sales and commissions but it is not why I do it.

    I'd like nothing more than to draw a line here and end this.
    I have followed your work from the very first post. The original comment I made was more of a protectorate than an antagonist. I never tried to discredit any of your work or even the skill that its takes to lower a poly count on an existing model. The work that goes into a Pep model is nothing less than astounding. I am sure all of this can and will be set aside.
    Had this thread not acquired the lynch mod that it so frequently does it would have been cleaned up alot earlier. This post very quickly spun from constructive to destructive not by anything that was said by yourself or myself. I feel that when things like this happen the sides are drawn and regaurdless of the origional point it becomes a petty flame war. Which I did none of the sort, at least to you and hope you are not offended by anything I may have been trying to point out.

    To all else(with exception). Keep it up. You are doing the thing you complain so much about then wonder why people get upset and bail out. The rest of us don't wonder, we just wonder what took so long for it to happen.

  6. #31
    Cod'ika's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2008
    From
    Mandalore,NC
    Posts
    396

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    i have to agree there,lines do always seemto be drawn but i guess that how things are

  7. #32
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    CGClone said: View Post
    I understand the underlying argument, but the argument should beone of that model isnt anywhere near accurate, so what is trying to be accomplished?
    Well that's another aguement completely. True, tis may well not be 501st acceptable when built and finished. However, that was not the objective. Some people want to have the costumes without the higher price tag that goes with them. Especially if they aren't interested in being in the 501st or any other group.

    This was just a way for others to make their own armor and be able to dress as a clone.

    It will also undoubtably need tweaking here and there to fit individual people as we're all different builds and heights but that's no different to the armor kits that we can buy these days.

    Zero, I don't quite understand what this quote is meant to mean buddy??
    "You are doing the thing you complain so much about then wonder why people get upset and bail out. The rest of us don't wonder, we just wonder what took so long for it to happen"

    I'm glad that we may have reached an agreement on this and can now talk here and enjoy the forum and discussions??

  8. #33

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    ZeroVisibilite said: View Post
    Guess that about sums it up

    "I would prefer that you take your contentions with him up in private"

    And I would prefer not to. It is not you to decied how this was handled. you may not like the way I handled it and I don't like paying taxes. Iguess we will both sleep well at night knowing we had such an impact on the others lives.
    I don't believe anyone has called anyone a name or has said anything to the nature until phrases like juvenile and flame and bickering which are words designed to strike an emotional reaction in a logical discussion. no better than flaming someone about misspelling a word when you cant get one up. this was a technical discussion until the likes of these types of comments. adding emotion to fact just screws things up, as you have just seen
    If you are incapable of seeing that rudeness and name-calling (such as referring to the community as a pack of hyenas) in a public forum are immature and unprofitable ways to resolve an issue, then so be it.

    Despite coming under fire, Skip has remained gracious and polite throughout this exchange and in point of fact has even come to see it your way.

    Perhaps if you had spoken to him privately, you could have accomplished the same without the need to air your angst for all to see.

    But as you so ably point out, it's not for me to decide how you resolve your quibbles.

    That is all I'll say as the issue has been resolved.

  9. #34
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Guys come on. I feel responsible for this now.

    I do see how Zeros comments may have offended but to be honest after reading this through with a clearer head I can see that his intentions were good. His heart is in the right place so to speak. He feel passionate about something here, and that is he's speaking out about peoples work being ripped off. Although that's not how I look at what I've done, he did and wanted to do something about it. Someone like that is a credit to this community where we see recasts often.

    I know if it were my work being ripped off as it has in the past I'd be happy to have someone like this with the vigilance he has, on my side.

    Let's put an end to this before it continues and we all forget what we even got all fired up over?

    Vode an!!!!

  10. #35

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    "Zero, I don't quite understand what this quote is meant to mean buddy??
    "You are doing the thing you complain so much about then wonder why people get upset and bail out. The rest of us don't wonder, we just wonder what took so long for it to happen""
    Was not meant towards you. It was meant as a general statement to the people that decided there involvement was needed. It doesn't take much see a constructive post versus one that if it was deleted the Topic would still have the same outcome. I will call them "The Pumping Posts" posts that offer nothing but to fuel a war, similar to the dog kickers in a Pit Bull fight, two dogs wont fight unless they are provoked. This debate was of a technical nature with little or no room for escalation but it still manages to get there somehow.

    I am glad you see my intentions. I would defend anyone's work the same way, and have in the past, on many different forums.

  11. #36
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Ok, Well I'm here if you want to send a PM with contact details for Emilio??

  12. #37
    Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2002
    From
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    8,183

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    You know.. for our first "clone fight" I think this has been handled pretty darn well! I have to applaud both Skupilkinson and ZeroVisibilite for remaining fairly calm cool and collected under some heavy fire. I do have to address a rather disturbing issue though... The drive-by comments thrown out by some in this thread are pretty deplorable. I think most of you who made comments like "we don't care where it came from" will find that this kind of attitude doesn't fly very well here at TDH. It DOES matter where something comes from. Based on Skupilkinson's comments, I genuinely don't think he meant harm and this thread has helped him come to realize the issues associated with such things. However, for the rest who feel that "by whatever means necessary" I can only shake my head and hope you will see that this is an attitude that only leads to chaos.

  13. #38
    CGClone's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    From
    Cordova, TN
    Posts
    556

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Good points Art, I apologize openly if my accuracy comment came off rough. I am sorry for that. Not good on my part.

  14. #39
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Rough? A little deconstructive maybe. Forget it though.

  15. #40

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Hmmm I had a bash at this myself a while back. (based on my own 3d work and ILM model sheets)



    ( I know, I know, clones don't have heels... and there should be ankle discs.... Im a noob, what are you going to do? :P)
    Last edited by nzjedi; Feb 12, 2009 at 7:49 AM.

  16. #41
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Not a bad start. Did you ever see it through?

  17. #42

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Nope :P for now I'm sticking to helmet sculpting. I'm still slowly chipping away at modelling the entire suit though
    (ignore the helmet, its a stand in, the picture is really old, the only part that is anywhere near done is the front torso plate)
    Last edited by nzjedi; Feb 12, 2009 at 8:06 AM.

  18. #43
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Nice job there. Should have modelled mine from scratch now. Is that a Halo ODST lid??

  19. #44

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Yeah, it's one I did for sci-fire/LegendaryArmor. It's a very old render, from before I'd modelled any clone helmets to put with it, it looked weird headless.

  20. #45
    setra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2006
    From
    UK wales
    Posts
    203

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    i acctually saw a custom airborne storm trooper figure that they put an ODST helmet on...called it a halo trooper lol

    its awsome!

    oh dude skip that clone file that you modified and perfected (see what i did there LOL XD) is incredible! some of your best work!

  21. #46
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Thanks alot buddy.

  22. #47
    Wildabeast's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Alberta,Canada
    Posts
    547

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    ART ANDREWS said: View Post
    You know.. for our first "clone fight" I think this has been handled pretty darn well! I have to applaud both Skupilkinson and ZeroVisibilite for remaining fairly calm cool and collected under some heavy fire. I do have to address a rather disturbing issue though... The drive-by comments thrown out by some in this thread are pretty deplorable. I think most of you who made comments like "we don't care where it came from" will find that this kind of attitude doesn't fly very well here at TDH. It DOES matter where something comes from. Based on Skupilkinson's comments, I genuinely don't think he meant harm and this thread has helped him come to realize the issues associated with such things. However, for the rest who feel that "by whatever means necessary" I can only shake my head and hope you will see that this is an attitude that only leads to chaos.
    Art, as part of this was directed at me, let me clarify. I do care if it is recast, stolen, or the like. Seeing as my complete Jaster Mereel is scratch build from WOF's templates I take pride in my own work. I guess I got over zealous in anticpation that I could do a scratch build clone in the future. I am really looking forward to these templates, but not at the cost of them coming from an uncredited or unathorized source.

  23. #48
    whistle8mp's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    From
    Boston, Mass
    Posts
    317

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Cod'ika said: View Post
    ok so the argument needs to stop,nobody cares and if it REALLY bothers you that friggin much zero why dont you send your friend an email with the link and let him talk for himself bout wether he cares or not,honestly i dont think its really all that important seeing as how your basically saying skip is guilty of stealing an idea when ALL clone and most mando armors are the idealogical property of whomever holds the copyrights to them and yes we may give them credit but how many of us have asked for permiision from their creator to use there ideas and designs? thats all i got to say for it as of now.

    so lets end the argument,flame war,whatever you want to call it and move on to what we all really are hear for,the kick shebs awsomeness of SW and probmaking!
    Someone needs to read the whole thread from the beginning, the two parties have every right to discuss there gripe as long as it stays civilized.

  24. #49
    Skupilkinson's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    From
    Wales, UK
    Posts
    1,397

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Guys, the fight/discussion ended a week ago. Let's move on eh?

  25. #50
    Odran Kor's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    From
    Bs. As., Argentina
    Posts
    174

    Re: WIP: Clone Trooper Armor Templates.

    Nice work Skip and nzjedi... How is going the unfolding?

Similar Threads

  1. The Clone Wars: Clone Trooper Helmet Templates
    By Skupilkinson in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: Jun 8, 2013, 9:34 AM
  2. Clone trooper armor templates
    By dartbhoba in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: Jan 12, 2012, 7:39 PM
  3. Clone trooper helmet templates?
    By jobiwan in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 1, 2009, 1:14 AM
  4. need some help with a rc clone trooper armor
    By green_arrow102986 in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Nov 6, 2008, 2:51 PM
  5. Clone Trooper Armor Help
    By Vida in forum Star Wars Costumes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Oct 26, 2008, 6:45 AM
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •