I thought I would share some of my other work with you here beginning with what started it all. Back in May (2008) my interest sparked in costuming and I wanted to make a vader costume. I decided to sculpt my own mask to try and cut costs and have a greater sense of pride in my work.
The first attempt was in drywall which I quit once I went back to school and had no place to work.
Here is the story of the new sculpt after around 15lbs of clay. This is my first time working with clay and or sculpting and I have learned a lot along the way.
Here are the most recent pictures today.
I'm doing the sculpt in sections to try and keep the sculpt from becoming lopsided and its been working fairly well. I believe I need to add a little more height to the forhead and add the top ring and then begin on the left side. I may have to order more clay soon as well so we'll see how long this will go.
I also have a Master Chief costume I'm working on and my Boba Fett but being at school I do my projects in the order I can in my dorm room. The Boba Fett is in the bondo and fiberglass stage and the Master Chief is on hold until the vader sculpt is done or I run out of clay.
Enjoy friends and Cheers!