Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Sep 27, 2008, 4:39 PM - TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #1

Greetings, I have been keeping this project secret for over four months, with the notion I would not surface until it was complete. Now that The Force Unleashed has been released and this character has been revealed, I feel it might serve better to share my progress. It is actually a release for me just to share this much.

I am proud to say this is NOT PEPAKURA.

Not that there is anything wrong with Pepakura--the software that allows folk to print out the facets of 3-D models for easy assembly--it is just a different animal than sculpting by hand and from scratch.

Be well,
    Thomas
    Sep 27, 2008, 4:50 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #2

I wish I had a quarter of your talents! Amazing stuff and THANKS for sharing!!!!
    Looking foward to seeing more form this
    Sep 27, 2008, 4:51 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #3

this is going to look phenomenal when it's done!
    Sep 27, 2008, 5:24 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #4

That looks great :thumbup Can I have it
    Sep 29, 2008, 5:16 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #5

!aw i hate you!! // envy you! in a good way. When i found out bout this guy my first thought was thats my second suit. your work is always amazing. keep up the awesome job! do you sculpt outa clay then bake then mold? i was going to sculpt using super sculpty.?
    Sep 29, 2008, 10:00 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #6

I'm getting tired of you having all these awsome costumes. Its about time you start sending me some of them. But seriously.
  7. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Sep 29, 2008, 12:29 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #7

Great work....................................as always!
    Sep 29, 2008, 2:14 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #8

Excellent work Thomas! Are there any pics of the character from the game?

G-Fett
    Sep 29, 2008, 6:36 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #9

I love it when Thomas makes a post like this... good stuff
    Sep 29, 2008, 6:37 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #10

Sweet mask, Spanos! I know if anyone would be able to do that coustume, it would be you.
    Sep 29, 2008, 8:16 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #11

That's awesome! If I ever make up enough funds for another suit, it will definately be the Bounty Hunter Disguise for Starkiller from that game... wonderful work though!
    Sep 30, 2008, 12:30 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #12

That's friggin sweet! I love it!
    Sep 30, 2008, 1:17 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #13

Awesome job Thomas!
    Sep 30, 2008, 1:27 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #14

Outstanding job there! Really sweet!

I understand what you're saying about Pepakura, it's a great tool but to be able to sculpt and shape something with your own hands like that is a real gift. Well done.
  15. I helped at SDCC '08 NovallTalon's Avatar
    Sep 30, 2008, 8:10 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #15

Excellent work as always Thomas!!! You never cease to astound me with your creativity and talent.
    Oct 1, 2008, 1:34 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #16

Thomas....

Its looking outstanding!!!!
    Oct 1, 2008, 11:10 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #17

Looking awesome Thomas!
    Oct 1, 2008, 11:23 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #18

Absolutely stunning.
    Oct 1, 2008, 9:38 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #19

Once again, you show us alll up Thomas Fantastic as always. I want to see that Bane finished by the way
    Oct 2, 2008, 2:59 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #20

Gorgeous sculpting, as usual. I can't wait to see the whole thing!
    Oct 2, 2008, 4:10 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #21

Nice work Thomas!

I can't wait to see how this project turns out!
    Oct 3, 2008, 10:23 PM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #22

Thomas strikes again!

How did I not see this before now!

Great as always. I've been keeping my eye out for the Imperial Knight figures but haven't seen them yet, I saw them on the back of another package and had almost forgotten about it and when I saw it I was like "hey there's Thomas!" lol
    Oct 5, 2008, 12:45 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #23

I found you and picked you up at target tonight, at least your Imperial Knight action figure.
    Oct 5, 2008, 12:48 AM - Re: TFU: The Ultimate Evil or I have a Secret too #24

Very nice work. Great lines. Only one question I suppose for you. Is this based on the game character? Because the smallest of the symmetrical cylinders in the game, is actually a recess and not an extrusion. at least on the other side of the head.

At least in the screenshot I saw. I thought about making this, but I simply dont have the skills you have Not for a project of this size

Very nice

m2
  25. Oct 6, 2008, 12:06 AM - back to the Orbalisks #25

Good evening,

I prefer to post when I have more images to share. For now I wanted to thank you, The Dented Helmet for your support. This suit has a great deal of detail to recreate before it will be presentable. I will happily share updates, whenever I make significant progress.

Katua Fett--I am no cosplaya, no need to for anyone else to be a coshata. The helmet is cast in fibre glass. I would not recommend super sculpty for any large format props for several reasons. Chief amongst those would be lack of durability.

Studio Fett Images of the character in game are not commonly available at this tyme. You can see the character in the "Darkside" ending cut scene on Youtube, but be warned--that might be a spoiler for you.

Skupilkinson I appreciated your comment all the more when I understood the work you have been putting into your own Pepakura templates. I do not mean to demean Pepakura assisted prop making. It lends a great start to any 3-D video game based character. My supposition is that recreating the prop from scratch allows for "feeling" to be imposed in the piece. My gut feeling for the Ultimate Evil version of this character has been dread. Completing this costume will be the darkest I have ever traveled to reach a character.

I worked on the masters for this character's claws this weekend. Then I switched gears and redressed my life casting for use with Darth Bane. I am trying to pull a presentable version of my dear Bane together in tyme for an upcoming event of personal significance. And as always, I am short on tyme.

Be well,
    Thomas