TCW Republic Backpack scratch build

TCW Republic Backpack scratch build

[FONT=Times New Roman]Greetings all, after seeing the Republic backpack sported on Padawans and Troopers throughout season 2 of TCW I couldn't wait to tout one of these around. I still have a lot of bondoing and sanding to do though, but its come a long way. Also, I recently fabricated some polyester straps as well as the tarp covering that I tried to keep true to the animated version. Feedback and comments would be appreciated.[/FONT]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-06-17-00-29-32-jpg   2010-06-17-00-29-07-jpg   2010-06-17-00-29-51-jpg  

2010-06-17-00-29-24-jpg  

Re: TCW Republic Backpack scratch build

Here is a pic of my prototype straps fabricated with polyester and leather.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-06-19-02-08-43-jpg  

That really looks cool, looks like its coming out awesome. Now all ya gota do is find a small Hut to put in it

Thanks, I am considering producing a couple more and converting one into a cooler and another into a pet taxi. For now this is my new laptop case.

From
    Atlanta, GA

Nice job, and clever work with the straps. If you decide to do a run of these, I'd be interested.

Here is a pic of the backpack painted with decal, tarp, and attached straps. Subsequently, I have field tested this fully functional pack with a 20 lb huttlet of a pug for 2 miles without any stresses or damage. Also, the tarp is waterproof and is magnetically sealed at the front. I still have some plans yet to be instituted for the interior for additional functionality.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-07-08-14-06-56-jpg   2010-07-08-14-04-43-jpg  

awesome how tall is it?

The backpack is roughly 17(in) tall. I have made the straps adjustable to allow for compromise to the wearer especially with consideration to the troopers chest and backplate. I will also be working on a child size as well as a slightly larger size with more dedication to screen accuracy as I am not completely satisfied with my results.