Stormy Helmet kit help

Stormy Helmet kit help

Hey all I have just recently begun trimming my ANH stormtooper helmet and i am a little confused on trimming. I followed the guide I found here http://www.applingmedia.com/TK-4510_Helm_Inst_LR.pdf. I Have pictures of what I have done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    JC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2010-12-27_17-55-39_425-jpg   2010-12-27_17-54-27_319-jpg   2010-12-27_17-53-58_668-jpg  

2010-12-27_17-54-37_116-jpg   cap-right-jpg   cap-front-jpg  

High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    From
    USAF Utah

Re: Stormy Helmet kit help

What are you confused about?

Im not sure if my trimming is correct. I trimmed only enought to where I was comfortable but I would like guidance lol and when I put them together by hanf my head does not fit...

From
    Cookeville, TN

Tk helmets typically have to be put on sideways and then turned to get your head in.

Just don't slit your throat before you get that bottom trim installed.

From
    United States

Muad'Dib said: View Post
    Just don't slit your throat before you get that bottom trim installed.
    LOL, Darwin award? Or Spike TV's 1000 ways to die. Maybe that's why we don't have as many TK's around as we'd like.

how does my trimming look? ok so far? i dont want to ruin this lol

From
    North Hollywood, California, United States

It's been a while since I cut and assembled my AP helmet. And, unfortunately, I no longer have it.

However, I will say that I am not sure about the cut you made on the dome/back half. As far as I remember, the ear pieces should cover the seam/overlap of the mask and rear portion of the helmet. I suggest a trial fitting to see where you are at.

Good luck, Brother!
    tk-4667-helmet-jpg

From
    Beverly, MA

it looks good so far. my AP helmet was a little similar. the face part goes behind the back/top, and they all get screwed together in the ear-area.

head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment for all the Stormtrooping advice you'll ever need!

aside from having to clean up rough edges, that looks about right. is that an ATA helmet? if so, don't be surprised that it's tight. mine is too. gotta put it on sideways then screw it on. also note that the face won't line up right with the dome... there will be gaps. that's normal for this kit.

To be honest all I know is that it is an ANH helmet, but the back piece where it is rounded at the bottom it came like that. Thats why I was worried it doesnt look right. I bought 2, one for me one for my brother and both of them came with that rounded spot. Will the ears cover that up? It is the first picture. Also sorry for the dumb question but where is a good place to get TE2 armor? I am looking for a place, have yet to find anything.

The cap needs a little more off the brow and the right side. The bottom opening of the faceplate needs some attention too. Follow the mold lines. As Naglium said, head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment or Mos Eisley Police Department. Read some threads and you will find your answers.
    Last edited by Boklast; Dec 28, 2010 at 8:31 PM.

Thank you all very much hopefully I will get this right.

JCent105 said: View Post
    To be honest all I know is that it is an ANH helmet, but the back piece where it is rounded at the bottom it came like that. Thats why I was worried it doesnt look right. I bought 2, one for me one for my brother and both of them came with that rounded spot. Will the ears cover that up? It is the first picture. Also sorry for the dumb question but where is a good place to get TE2 armor? I am looking for a place, have yet to find anything.

Definitely spend some time at the FISD forum. helmets derived from originals are all sorts of messed up... warped, asymmetrical, bumpy, messy... you really need to learn about the quirks before you go ahead.

I recently registered there I will conduct my research tomorrow. Again thank you all!