Storm trooper

Storm trooper

Hey all, I am beginning construction of my vacuform table and oven. I was curious of anyone had tips on the construction of the molds for the armor, I have templates, I'm just not entirely sure where to begin other than scaling them to fit my height and such, any help would be greatly appreciated!

JC

Re: Storm trooper

Well, like I said in a PM... I personally think scratch building a stormtrooper is a fantastic waste of time and money. You can get a suit with lineage to an original for $400. You'll spend thousands making one from scratch, and it will ultimately be less accurate.

I scratch built my clone suit because at the time no-one else was making one. Had a kit been available I'd have gotten that, no question. My Captain Rex costume, top to bottom, cost me a few thousand to build and took over a year. Even more if you count the vac table I built.

Stormies are "easy" in that they are well documented, readily available, and there are kits for a variety of sizes and budgets.

Head over to First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment and register on that board. There are more threads about stormies than you can read in a day

I helped at SDCC '08 Jango 5204's Avatar
    From
    Central, Ca

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Thank you for the input I will probably do that, I already have an ANH bucket kit on its way so I will try to find an un painted armor kit, any ideas on where to look?

From
    Northern VA