I have a thread on the flagshipeclipse, but I feel more at home in the TDH community so I'll post my progress here. Anyway, now that I have a job and regular income I have started on my quest to become a member of the 501 by embracing the dark side and building a starkiller. My first two attempts were okay consiudering they were made in less than a month and on the cheep, but now I need to go for accuracy.
Version 1: built in one week for the launch of TFU
Version 2: built on the weekends between launch and halloween for halloween
So here is the progress I have made on version 3.
Like before I used a ducttape manaquin and posterborad to form the base and layered it with fiberglass. to get the correct collar shape, I built up a frame with balsa and then filled it with bondo. the holes were made with a dremmel attachment. after two weeks of sanding it was painted nickle. I will weather it like before with acrylic paint anf flat black spay paint when I get a chance.
Prettmuch the same as before with little improvements. One in particular is now the gauntlet hindges like a Fett gauntlet.
Let me know what you think.