Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Subscribe
    Jul 27, 2010, 7:20 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #26

If my experience saves even one person from the same
    then maybe the hassle I went through can be useful
  2. Jul 27, 2010, 3:36 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #27

overpriced ****, i have seen what they produce, definitly a no no. waste of effing money.
    Jul 28, 2010, 4:29 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #28

mandosoldier you are a saint my friend. Your sacrifice has saved so many. You saved my ***** for sure. That boba fett costume doesn't look half bad, but it isn't half good either. I'm sorry you had to go through such pain.
    Jul 28, 2010, 4:32 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #29

Thank you Ogait-Nas. I did check out those websites and there is so much information, I don't know where to start. I'm so ecstatic. Can't wait to get started.
    Aug 25, 2010, 11:07 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #30

I got burned by this jackwad a few years ago too. He'd just moved at that point too and I had no idea why or I'd never have contaced him in the first place.
    Save yourself the heartache of a craptastic costume and the financial drain that goes with it...because you know you'll have to replace that junk. Wish I'd read this back in 2004.
    Sep 2, 2010, 3:08 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #31

I've heard alot of bad stuff about StarFortress too. Just personal opinion,I think fiberglass clone armor would be to heavy to troop in.(Thats just me.)
    Sep 21, 2010, 2:48 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #32

Did you know Star Fortress now has Iron Man and Green Goblin Armor available on their website? Is there no end to this!!!?!?!?!?!?!?
  8. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Oct 6, 2010, 4:18 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #33

Hi everybody,

I'm not really a costumer I am just some fool who sent Star Fortress Productions about $300 for some Anakin clone wars armor that I thought would be fun to wear for Halloween. I was shocked (since I had no previous knowledge of SPF's reputation) when I received an e-mail from them saying the shipping time for the item was 21 to 28 days. I wrote them back twice to see if I could get expedited shipping and never heard back. After that I got nervous and started googling for info about the company and ended up here.

So my questions are: What are my chances of getting anything from them? The payment was done with PayPal... how long should I wait before opening a dispute?
  9. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Oct 6, 2010, 4:25 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #34

you have 40 days to file a claim with paypal...i would do it if it has been longer than the 28 days as you were told...on that 29th day, i would file the claim...
    Oct 6, 2010, 4:30 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #35

OK, I rarely do this, but seriously. . . are people that greedy for product that even after reading all about this piece of human garbage that the only thing they're worried about is "getting their stuff???" SERIOUSLY??!!??
    Shame on you all.
    Hartman, cancel your order. Do whatever you need to do to get your money back from Paypal. Don't wait, just demand your money back.
  11. FettDad is offline FettDad
    Oct 6, 2010, 5:27 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #36

i dont think its that simple, brother...if he has no product, and the agreed time frame is not up, he just cant cancel an order with no reason or proof, can he? i totally agree with you, but i dont think you can just file a claim with paypal and demand your money back unless there is something wrong with the order... someone should make a website solely devoted to letting people know about SFP and the like...i would, but have no clue how to...??
    Oct 7, 2010, 4:07 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #37

I think the problem with SFP is that for beginners when you're first starting out the first thing you do is hit google or ebay and type "star wars costume" or whatever. Thats what I did when I first started out and I quite quickly came accross their site. Now I was lucky enough that I saw their prices and that they dont even show pictures of some of the products on their site and decided to keep looking as something seemed dodgy to me from the start. Thats when I stumbled across TDH, whitearmour, Bikerscout.net and the like and read what a scumbag this guy is and how garbage his products are. Lets not be harsh on somebody who's fallen for his act and is concerned about where their stuff is, not everybody checks that whoever they're buying from is a peadophile or not first and as important as it is to raise awareness of how shady this guys background is, people who've bought from him are obviously going to be more concerned for the time being about if they'll ever see their hard earned cash again, which is obviously understandable . Hopefully if enough word gets round then anybody typing Star Fortress Productions in to a search is as likely to come accross a thread like this as his website. So next time noobs READ UP ON BLOODY FORUMS FIRST BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE!!!!!! haha
  13. Member Since
    Oct 2010
    Oct 7, 2010, 1:49 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #38

Thanks for the suggestions. Boy do I feel stupid! But as ronnyjodes suspected I am just a noob trying to put together a Halloween costume and stumbled across SFP from a web search. I will wait until the 28 days are up and file a dispute with Paypal. If it is of interest to anyone I'd be happy to post my results. Again thanks for the help! It is an impressive community you all have here.
    Oct 8, 2010, 7:12 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #39

Quote Hartman said: View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Boy do I feel stupid! But as ronnyjodes suspected I am just a noob trying to put together a Halloween costume and stumbled across SFP from a web search. I will wait until the 28 days are up and file a dispute with Paypal. If it is of interest to anyone I'd be happy to post my results. Again thanks for the help! It is an impressive community you all have here.
    Absolutely nothing wrong with being a noob fella, i've been there myself as have everybdoy else on here, and i orginally made the same assumption that everybody does similar products and would be reputable. you find out pretty quickly that its not always the case. at least now you know and you can pass on the information to anybody else who wants to start a build. good look with the payment thing, i for one would like to know how you get on. and dont forget to show us some pictures if you do end up getting your costume sorted, then at least something positive will have come out of this.
    Oct 8, 2010, 7:50 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #40

Look at my post (#21) that's all SFP straight from the box. Yup I made that mistake as well, BUT it did have some good results. I have learned how to repaint some poop gear and I have met some real quality people and vendors as a result. I now have my fett almost 100% revamped from where it was, and am very happy with the results. I have only like 7 more SFP pieces left and am currently working toward ridding myself of those.
    Oct 19, 2010, 10:50 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #41

Props to you guys, now I know to stay away from this "maker". Just as well i decided to research it on here. One less ripped off buyer in the world now
    Oct 24, 2010, 9:10 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #42

I'm not gonna give SFP props but if that armor was cheap it would be worth it. Too bad it is a recast, which is stealing in my opinion because making molds takes time and money. Wish he wasn't such a jerk And I wish his armor was either better or wicked cheap. Just my 2 cents.
    Oct 24, 2010, 10:19 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #43

I disagree, even if it was $2 for the entire Fett set,it still would not be worth the money. I bought their ROTJ Fett the braids were unusable after a week, the boots were never workable, basically 80% of the gear was either unwearable or I had to put more work into them than I would have had to put into a quality kit to begin with. I spent more since than I spent on the suit initially. The only thing that would qualify SFP to receive props would be if it burned to the ground, creating a massive explosion in the process and killed Osama Bin Laden.
  19. Member Since
    May 2009
    Nov 21, 2010, 7:12 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #44

okay glad I stumbled across this thread, i almost bought some of his stuff. so what's some relatively cheap alternatives to this guy??? I mean he offers alot of stuff.
  20. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    Nov 21, 2010, 7:25 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #45

Depends what your looking for...lots of things to find used in the cargo hold here...and theres plenty people selling budget stuff here as well
  21. Member Since
    May 2009
    Nov 21, 2010, 8:27 PM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #46

Good to know thanks, from the pic's he had posted I didnt see alot wrong with the parts but I'd rather air on the side of caution then shell out that kind of money and loose out.
    Nov 22, 2010, 12:34 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #47

Of course he's not going to post cruddy photos. Believe me, I think I posted my photos of his gear in post #21. That's his Fett gear right from the box, after repairs to make everything fit, and repair what came broken. The cost fo your suit depends on how in depth you wantr to get, also the quality. Just surf the Cargo Hold, and the various topics around and you're sure to find some GREAT gear, all of which will be better quality and most of which will be cheaper than SFP.
  23. Member Since
    May 2009
    Nov 22, 2010, 7:01 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #48

yeah true, not alot for clone armor in the cargo hold though.
    Nov 22, 2010, 7:41 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #49

For clone armor hit up 501st CloneTroopers Detachment (Powered by Invision Power Board) it's the 501st clone forums. They'll be able to set you on the right path. Trust me there are always better options than SFP, btw post #14 is the SFP clone armor to prove my point.
  25. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Dec 4, 2010, 9:08 AM - Re: Star Fortress Productions #50

I wish I haknow this 2 years ago when I was looking for new clone boots, I ordered some from him on ebay and it took forever to get them, They looked great and durable in the pictures and once they arrived I was shocked to see that the soles were made from cheap foam that you find on flip flop sandals.