Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Jun 5, 2014, 5:34 AM - sintra supplier? and bondo quantity #1

Okay folks, I hate to ask it because I've seen a thread already where this was answered. But I don't seem to be able for the life of me to find it again. I saw that someone posted a link to a sintra supplier on ebay. Could you post it again? I've got three custom Mandos to start building.

Also, today I will be buying some bondo to start the helmet build. How much will it take to do one helmet?

Thanks in advance and I hate to clutter the forum with a question that has already been answered elsewhere.

Ebernath
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
  3. Member Since
    Jun 2014
    Jun 7, 2014, 7:27 AM - Re: sintra supplier? and bondo quantity #2

Well, I have put together most of my paper helmet as per the instructions here: Tutorial: Scratch Build Helmet - Start to Finish by Ori Cabur . I will most likely print off new templates today and transfer them to poster board and start finding out the hard way how far a 2 lbs 9 oz can of Bondo Glass will go. I'll possibly start a new thread on this build soon, but it may go slow as I will buy what I need for the build as the credits allow.
    Jun 14, 2014, 5:30 AM - Re: sintra supplier? and bondo quantity #3

I buy my sintra from Artist And Craftsman. It's a good bit cheaper if you go into the store (I'm in Charleston, SC). See if there's a location near you. Link: Sintra PVC Board - Sintra PVC Board

A lot of sign shops carry it too. Ask around and you might find scraps for free.

I don't like to buy stuff like sintra or ABS online because big flat sheets cost a lot to ship.
    Jun 14, 2014, 11:53 AM - #4

I went to the local sign shop here in Connecticut. They charged me $68. Per sheet. They offer different thicknesses as well.
    Quote Quote Posted from Android app
  6. Member Since
    May 2014
    Jun 14, 2014, 1:46 PM - Re: sintra supplier? and bondo quantity #5

Picked up a sheet of 3mm from a sign shop here in town (Normal, IL) for 32.00. They also carry 6mm for 65.00. If you have a sign shop near by, they will probably have it.
    Jul 6, 2014, 1:14 PM - Re: sintra supplier? and bondo quantity #6

How big are these sheets? Artist and Craftsman sells a pack of six 2ft by 2ft 3mm (1/8 inch) sheets for $50, I think.