1. Oct 24, 2011, 10:04 PM - Rubies Vader Mod... #1

Though I've been relatively happy with my Vader that stands in our dining room, as I've come to read more and more on boards such as TDH, RPF, etc. I became less settled knowing that I was essentially looking at an ESB lid sitting on a ROTS outfit. Back a couple of years ago I did a couple of simple mods, like a leather suit, leather gloves, reversed the chestbox lights, etc.; but that lid! It just wasn't right! And because of you "perfectionists" I could see it.

Anyhow, a coworker asked to borrow ol' Darth for an upcoming Star Wars Halloween party, so I figured it would be a perfect time to do som modifications. Unfortunately I did not have the wherewithall to take update pics, but I think you can get the jist of what I've done. By the way, after looking at this thing as much as I have, is everyone completely aware that there is not a SINGLE THING on this helmet that is in alignment?!?!?!? I know everyone mentions the flare (I simply got rid of it all together), and that EP4 & 5 lids were not symmetrical in the first place, but DANG.....this thing is WAY OFF!! Anyhow, the pics....

I am replacing the lenses with a flat, smoked lense, and eventually I will upgrade the tusks with pointed ones. Other than that, thoughts? Oh yeah, the chest armor is a PORTUMAC set I had to repair and repaint, thanks to the gentle touch of the USPS delivering chest armor in TWO PIECES!
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Oct 24, 2011, 10:47 PM - Re: Rubies Vader Mod... #2

Looking good obro...Oh how I hated to part w/ mine ; o
  4. Oct 25, 2011, 1:03 PM - Re: Rubies Vader Mod... #3

DynaMo!!! Where've you been Brother??? I am soooooooo dragging my feet on your Jango "Practice Vest." All of the pieces are cut, I just have yet to stitch them together. I hope you aren't needeing it for the weekend. Done any helmets lately?

I feel ya. I have no idea if I could give Vader up. I'm going to be adding a TK and an R2 at SOME point. The TK will be quick and easy; since most are already built or in complete kits. The R2 however; I might need to learn some electronics!

Great to hear from ya!!!