Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Apr 26, 2010, 10:01 PM - Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #1

Ok so this is my idea for a fin, I have had to build it from scratch because the one I had was a **** mold, and broke.
    I am making it so that it has a hatch at the top back so I can replace the LEDs should they ever need it.

2. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Apr 26, 2010, 10:02 PM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #2

Wirering the compad so that it will activate the RF at a push of a button.
    This was also my first try and using Bondo, and I loved it, it was great fun and is a medium I can not wait to use again.

3. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Apr 26, 2010, 10:03 PM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #3

Sanded and sanded and sanded, then painted , oh did I mention I sanded it. Bondo is great but takes some serious sanding. But still I love working with the stuff. I have been going round the house trying to find things to bondo!!!!!.....
    The paint is ok I think. it will look a lot better once I have weathered it. That will be some time later this week.

4. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Apr 26, 2010, 10:04 PM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #4

Heres some pics of the RF, not finished yet, still some filling to go, and then weatheing. Then I need to hook up the wires ans servo.
    RF was built by making a template on card, (cereal box) then cutting it out and folding making sure all folds were good. Then traced round the template onto a "for sale" sign, then cut that out. Stuck the two template together and folded the whole thing up. Fixed three small LED's into the screen section, and then placed screen from a choclate box (had nice texture), I also added a small seperate screen just for looks. I ran the wires down through an old antenna which I am using as the RF stalk. I then covered the screen and painted the RF.

5. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    May 10, 2010, 11:20 PM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #5

started weathering, almost ready for the RF installation.....

comments please.
    May 11, 2010, 12:12 AM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #6

Looks awesome
  7. High Speed Low Drag Fett 4 Real's Avatar
    May 11, 2010, 8:50 AM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #7

not sure if you saw the new sideshow rex...but it may help you with this...as far as they used a regular Range Finder and the stalk is mounted externally similar to how you have it but the stalk is the same as a Fett also. The Fin has a silver stripe down the middle of it...dont know what you used to mask with but I think you should go back over the blue areas with sandpaper to give it a weathered look it looks painted right now and poorly masked...
  8. Member Since
    Aug 2009
    May 11, 2010, 11:43 PM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #8

May 18, 2010, 5:36 PM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #9

those lines look much cleaner
    Oct 4, 2010, 4:17 AM - Re: Rex Helmet W.I.P including scratch built Fin and RF.. PIC HEAVY.. #10

Man that looks awesome, great job! BTW where did you get the Episode 3 clonetrooper helmet?