Revan Mask for the wife. To go with my WIP: Mandalore the Preserver

Revan Mask for the wife. To go with my WIP: Mandalore the Preserver

Using the original WOL Template for Boba, I adapted it into a stackable Revan Mask template. If you like it, I may adjust and share for you all. Please excuse the cell phone pictures. There is still a lot of sanding an layering to do. Hope you like it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img341-jpg   img340-jpg   img339-jpg  

Re: Revan Mask for the wife. To go with my WIP: Mandalore the Preserver

I have scrapped this version of the mask, using half of the dome portion from the WoL Template and adding a Outlined version from a screen cap, I have embarked on the new mask. I am about 1 sand and bondo away from priming it. I will post pics when I can.

As promised, I have taken some pictures with a base coat of primer. There are several rough spots that I am tempted to re-sand and prime; but their locations may give the mask a bit of character and seem a bit more weathered when painted. Anyways, let me know what you all think.

dscn1733-jpgdscn1734-jpgdscn1735-jpgdscn1736-jpg

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

definitely an improvement from your first attempt. though now that it's primered i would suggest going back over with the bondo and sandpaper to smooth things out more and sharpening details. it looks like you're on the right track!

I agree wholeheartedly. Got 2 days until the weekend though! I am going to be buying a few power tools next paycheck for sure!

So, I am happy for the most part with the result. I will be investing in an airbrush kit and compressor. But until then I will continue to develop as I can.

I haven't put the visor in yet, that comes tomorrow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dscn1738-jpg   dscn1739-jpg   dscn1740-jpg  

dscn1742-jpg   sidebyside-jpg  

Still unhappy with the first 2 mask, I set upon the 3rd. Going for accuracy. Feedback appreciated. This is unprimed, with a little sanding to do. Sorry for the phone-camera. Will be sanding down the right indent to bring it back into symmetry, I noticed an accumulation of fiberglass I will address too!

Last edited by CyraxLionheart; Mar 3, 2012 at 4:01 AM.

From
    bozeman, mt go cats!!!

I think you might want to sharpen the edges and corners of the face then hit it with a coat of primer and post up some more pictures.

That is the plan!

3rd or so coat of primer, was still drying in this pic. 1 last round of touch ups with glazing putty to go ( Just waiting for it to dry so I can sand and prime for the last time.

Still no breather hole yet, but sans clear coat. The side by side doesn't have the mask STRAIGHT on, but I think it reflects the symmetry.

Didn't like the color match on the first, so I stripped it. Here it is repainted and after applying the Satin clearcoat, I think it mellowed the red out a bit more, I am happy with the overall result.Added the backstraps and padded it with Velvet. Feels nice and comfy! Could wear it all day! Also, after the paint dried and set it was a better red. Ignore the black specs, they are a byproduct of my stupid phone's camera. (bout 2 years old at this point)

From
    Detroit MI

Looks Really Good! Ive been working on a Revan Costume. Keep up the good work!