1. Member Since
    Aug 2015
    Aug 17, 2015, 4:49 PM - Redesigned Scout Trooper helmet Suggestions? #1

Hi guys, so I made this helmet awhile back for a sculpting class and Ive always wanted to make it into a wearable helmet but im not sure where to start
    Its made from automotive modelling clay with a foam base underneath, and the visor is constructed out of MDF. (the clay is about 1/2 inch thick all around)
    Ive done a little research on what people have done but cant decide what process would be the best for this sculpt. I was thinking of making a silicone mold
    but im not sure how that would work with the inset visor. I'm also wondering if molding it would crush the clay or not?
    If there are any other ways u guys think i could do this or any suggestions on how to go about molding it please let me know.

(also the helmet is a redesign / variant of the scout trooper helmet if that wasn't apparent)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails final-layout-helmet-copy-jpg   final-layout-helmet-jpg  
  2. Become a member for 90 days and create 50 posts and you won't see these ads.Register now!
    Aug 22, 2015, 2:38 AM - Re: Redesigned Scout Trooper helmet Suggestions? #2

As long as the clay has set, you should be fine without worrying about it crushing. You may have some scuffing or damage to the paint job though when it comes out.

Awesome helmet btw. I love the weathering.