Subscribe
  1. Oct 3, 2013, 3:02 PM - Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #1

Something which has fascinated me eversince I first saw this drawing, I still would have preferred Boba Fett looking like this in the Movies, maybe not totally in white and grey, the tubing for instance to me makes more sense as functionality, also this concept has something insectlike to me , a bit more mystirious-like.Don't get me wrong please, Boba Fett like he is in the movies is awesome in so many ways to me, but it's a pitty Ralph McQuarrie's concepts didn't make it in the movies.I like what Kevin Weir (also Sky Gun Bro) is doing know with the concept stormtroopers, so I hope the rest of the concept characters will see the light of day soon or in the near future.

I'm starting a Boba Fett Utility/Missile pack project, scratch-building it, to see if I can put something together.If it works out I will try to build the chest and backarmor, was thinking about using trash-cans and shaping them around a mannequin, a mannequin almost has the right shape, which I could work with.I would do this with heat-dryer, I have precision parts for it so I can concentrate on smaller details easier. I like how the chestarmor looks, it wouldn't have to be that difficult to shape.

Here's my proggress so far

Last edited by Meneer Troepert; Oct 3, 2013 at 3:10 PM.
    Oct 4, 2013, 12:03 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #2

There was (is?) a project about the same suit. Here are some links to threads posted by me in another thread ==> Has anyone ever made a complete McQuarrie Concept Fett? - Post #2
  3. Oct 4, 2013, 1:36 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #3

I know about sombody who made the chest/backarmor, but I've started my own full armor and Jet-pack project.

Today's progress, detailing the side of the missile/dart pod, next week i'm going to try and detail the front of the pack, so I can begin to add the back-side.
    Oct 5, 2013, 5:36 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #4

You are right! The fact that others already did/do this, doesn't mean that you can't start your own project and build.

So far it looks great! Keep up the excellent work and have fun with the build!
    Oct 5, 2013, 6:31 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #5

Nice proyect bro
  6. Oct 16, 2013, 11:44 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #6

Still looking for caps for the side rockets, does anybody have suggestions to share
    Oct 16, 2013, 2:31 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #7

great bro , I follow you work
    Oct 16, 2013, 2:54 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #8

That pack is looking fantastic. Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing. Please keep us posted
  9. Oct 16, 2013, 4:22 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #9

Thanks guys, the support means a lot .

Next week I'm going to start trying to heatform (instead of vaccuumforming) the basis of the chest armor ( the collar I will build seperately from the rest), for this I'm going to use a manequin, removing the detachable torso.The material I will be using is a plastic garbage can , the same stuff Mandalorian armor can be made out of.I'm using a Hot air gun to try and do this,the heat can be fully adjusted (digitally), so with enough heat I could form the plastic mannually over the manequin's torso.The main curved/most difficult part of the armor is the chest anyway, the rib part can be formed with a piece of wood are something else that can withstand heat enough.

I'm going to do some tryout examples , will post my tryout parts here, to keep you posted.
    Oct 17, 2013, 2:29 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #10

Looking forward to it!
    Oct 17, 2013, 9:37 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #11

Your work looks amazing so far I'm eager to see how your project goes
    Oct 19, 2013, 12:35 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #12

This is fantastic, really fun to see concept sketches fleshed-out. Great craftsmanship. Continued success!
    Oct 22, 2013, 1:06 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #13

Great work! Ziet er goed uit, leuk te zien dat er meer mensen met de concept versie bezig zijn.
  14. Member Since
    Oct 2013
    Oct 27, 2013, 11:15 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #14

awesome build i'm thinking of getting KW's concept TK and maybe later down the road build concept Boba like sideshow toys sells
  15. Oct 30, 2013, 12:23 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #15

Some proggress done, I'm not going to overdo on detail, not yet atleast.I'm satisfied with the lower tubing so far, like the way it is.

As for the armor, I'm going for sheets of PS ( Polystyrene) instead, will use paper/cardboard as testing material.
    Oct 30, 2013, 1:11 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #16

Looking great, how much does it weigh?
  17. Oct 31, 2013, 1:24 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #17

It weighs about 1,7 kilograms, I will make the pack fit through the back-piece,I'm using kneeprotection as cushions to rest against my back, the harnass will support the weight of the pack, for the pack I've calculated around 4 to 5 kilogramms.
  18. Jan 7, 2014, 5:37 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #18

Further proggress on the jet-pack is on hold untill my chest and backpiece are finished, but did get my SGB helmet-kit in the meantime, had to fabricate the Rangefinder-stalk myself, for obvious reasons, so it might look a bit "custom made", at least the other greeblies were included.

Here's my proggress on the helmet, I won't use battle damage on it as the picture only suggests dust weathering, to me at least.

I might give the whole costume a thin brownish-yellow dust , but I need to see the complete outcome first, before deciding on it.
    Last edited by Meneer Troepert; Jan 7, 2014 at 5:46 PM.
    Jan 7, 2014, 9:22 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #19

Dude....Holy....
    Are you gonna be offering the helmet by any chance? That thing is NICE. Very well done! Glad to see that you're still moving forward with this project
  20. Member Since
    Jul 2005
    Feb 13, 2014, 5:33 PM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #20

Very nice so far. I have to admit a desire to take a crack at this myself.
    Mar 16, 2014, 3:28 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #21

That is some awesome work. Wish I had more time on my hands...
  22. Member Since
    Mar 2014
    Apr 3, 2014, 10:55 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #22

Great job, looks like a lot of work!
    I'd love to see someone offer these components!
  23. Member Since
    May 2014
    May 7, 2014, 1:52 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #23

Very cool!
    May 7, 2014, 8:37 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #24

Any updates ?
    May 7, 2014, 9:39 AM - Re: Ralph McQuarrie Concept Boba Fett project #25

I am beyond excited to see how this turns out...