Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 17, 2008, 2:26 PM - PLEASE READ! #1

This is a new forum we are testing to see how much interest there is in the discussion of other Star Wars costumes, besides those already covered by their own specific forum. This will help ensure the Sarlacc Pit, our OT forum, remains strictly OT. We welcome suggestions for a a more appropriate name for this forum.
    Sep 17, 2008, 2:42 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #2

Well since this has now been created, should my Darktrooper progress thread be moved into here?
  3. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 17, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #3

Yes, this would be the appropriate forum for it. We will slowly be moving threads out of the Sarlacc Pit here over the next few weeks.
    Sep 17, 2008, 3:09 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #4

Sweeeeeeet
    Sep 17, 2008, 3:36 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #5

I love the idea big D. Very cool. As much as I love Boba, and Jango, and Zam, it's refreshing to see some other SW character costumes, especially since this is the only forum I go to these days.

G-Fett
    Sep 17, 2008, 4:39 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #6

i think this is a great idea. plus it helps keep things organized and easy to locate on the site.
  7. formerly old_jedi_mind_trick Bobby Fett UK's Avatar
    Sep 17, 2008, 4:46 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #7

Sounds good to me.
  8. I helped at SDCC '08 MandalorFett's Avatar
    Sep 17, 2008, 4:56 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #8

How about no more characters but the Star Wars bounty hunters? No more Batman, Iron Man, Joker, EU characters, other superheroes or sci-fi characters.

No?

OK then, I think your idea of this forum is a good one.
    Sep 18, 2008, 3:15 AM - Re: PLEASE READ! #9

I'm appalled at the fact this forum has been placed atop of the Jango forum! The costume of Jango should have it's own section!
  10. Admin Staff Star Wars Chick's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:04 AM - Re: PLEASE READ! #10

I agree.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:25 AM - Re: PLEASE READ! #11

Quote MandalorFett said: View Post
    How about no more characters but the Star Wars bounty hunters? No more Batman, Iron Man, Joker, EU characters, other superheroes or sci-fi characters.

No?

I have to agree with MF here. I thought this forum was originally setup for information on our Fett costuming aspirations. Isn't that why people come to see THE DENTED HELMET?? As far as I know, BatMan, the Joker, etc... do NOT have dented helmets. I can see the additions of other SW bounty hunters, and some misc SW charaters of interest that would be helpful, but not the stuff outside the SW realm. I'm not saying they're not cool or interesting, but I'm sure there are BatMan sites that can be posted on right?? This is just an opinion, but i've been finding it almost difficult at times to find BOBA information due to the multitude of Joker/BatMan/IronMan postings that need to weeded through. Why would someone coming to a Boba/Jango Fett site care about the joker??
    If they did, they be looking for a JOKER site right??

Anyone else agree? Am I out of line here? I'm not trying to offend anyone, just expressing my opinion.
    Sep 19, 2008, 11:31 AM - Re: PLEASE READ! #12

I have to agree with MF and Lucky
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:33 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #13

A forum dedicated to other Star Wars costumes isn't a bad idea. I tend to agree that all of the Batman stuff is getting very tiresome. I wonder if Batman forums get inundated with Fett stuff.
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:41 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #14

A separate non SW costumes forum would be cool (way down at the very bottom) for members who'd just like to share what they're up to in other costuming genres with their TDH friends and family.
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:43 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #15

Quote hansoloway said: View Post
    ......all of the Batman stuff is getting very tiresome. .........
    "tiresome"?? That is putting it politlely. I couldn't agree more.

It just seems that if you click NewPosts, there's (5) non-Fett related threads to every (1) Fett thread. Just slightly annonying.

I'm relieved that i'm not alone in my opinion.
    Sep 19, 2008, 12:55 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #16

I don't mind people showing off pics of their other achievements in the general discussion/sarlacc pit area. I like seeing new and interesting stuff, so long as the board isn't cluttered with discussion of how-to's for non-SW things. So I guess show-off threads in general discussion = good, while lengthy discussion on the inner workings of non sw stuff = bad. Let that stuff stay in PM or on other forums.
    Sep 19, 2008, 1:18 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #17

Would it be possible to add some functionality to the NEW POSTS botton?? Maybe a pull-down menu of NewPost Options?? Such as:

ALL

Star Wars
    -> Boba Fett
    -> Jango Fett
    -> Other Bounty Hunters
    -> Misc SW Characters

NON-Star Wars
    ->ALL

This way I'd be able to browse directly related to the topic of choice without having to swim through the BatMan/Joker threads. Just a thought.....
    Sep 19, 2008, 2:48 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #18

+1
    Sep 19, 2008, 2:53 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #19

Quote Lucksy31 said: View Post
    NON-Star Wars
    ->NONE
    fixed.
  20. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Sep 19, 2008, 9:24 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #20

No?

I agree.

Any other costumes that aren't BH related to me should be kept out of this forum, or in the Sarlaac Pit.
  21. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Sep 20, 2008, 9:07 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #21

I do find it quite odd that we have so many NON SW, not to mention, NON Bounty Hunter
    costume discussion threads now. It looks like we have many new member that are here solely for "other NON SW" costumes. I have other costumes going on in my life, as well as most of all us do, but this is not the place for discussion of these.

At the very least, I think there should be a section just for NON SW and/or other than BH costumes.

After all, this is "The DENTED Helmet" Boba and Jango elite costuming forums.

Just MHO
    Sep 20, 2008, 9:46 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #22

Theres 7 Joker/Batman threads in the Sarlacc Pitt's first 2 pages, out of 60 threads. I don't think that overdoing it what-so-ever. There's two threads in the Prop Workshop for Kwally's material, which has been GROUND BREAKING on the costume frontier, and I can't say thats not very cool that it happened somewhere that people respect trying to be as accurate in any costume as possible.

However, I do agree with the fact this is TDH, not TDK. However the people that are making Joker costumes seriously don't have a better place to be respected, and talk about details of this costume like we can at TDH. You may think this is a slam on TDH, but I can assure you its not. Its not that, we, or them, or whatever don't care to repect the fact that TDH is a Boba (And Jango. ) based site, its the fact that our members here care for detail, and naturaly, sence we're all Fett heads to begin with, care also for Joker costume detail, and it just naturaly carries over into the next feild.

It would be nice to have a forum here for Non-SW costumes. Because in the end, you can't say we all don't have other NON-SW projects that intrests each other. We all do other things outside of SW, and I'm going to go out on a limb here and say we all enjoy seeing each others work. I don't think there a better place to celebrate this fact than here at TDH, where we all started out.

Also, as far as I know, almost all the threads non-SW related are in the Sarlacc pit, aren't they? Aside from the ones in Prop-Building? Its not like they're in the Boba forum,etc. Unless they are.

If anything, I ask our Admin staff to not remove the Joker threads just yet. These are seriously groud breaking discussions for the most part, and many have benifited from them. I can totaly understand the fact that it may come to this, considering its sort of an "invading trend". But I do hope evryone can respect the fact that we all know each other, and can at least show some respect for each other's non-SW projects.

EDIT - Hey, just a thought, how 'bout a TDH backed Non-SW Site/Forum? That would be AWSOME. It would make evryone happy as well. If that happened I think I'd be extremly happy with it. We could all keep the same TDH tradition of having an inteligent discussion about the details of Non-SW costuming, and keep the main TDH forum clutter free of all Non-SW talk. Like a branch of TDH,etc. That would be cool, I'd back it for sure.
    Last edited by jodo; Sep 20, 2008 at 9:52 PM.
  23. Community Founder Art Andrews's Avatar
    Sep 20, 2008, 10:02 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #23

No doubt that we have had a massive influx of people due to non-SW talk and that things have seemed to change a bit, but I have to say... it doesn't bother me all that much. I mostly look in the Boba forums and I haven't seen a single Non-SW thread there. Where are the non-SW threads.... in the OFF TOPIC forums... imagine that... people are talking about things NOT related to Boba in Forums that were designed to have NON-BOBA topics.... a revolutionary idea!

Will TDH every become a Batman board? I doubt it. Will it ever have a more permanent place for non-Star Wars costumes? I dunno, but I doubt that as well. I remember a time when TDH wasn't verfy friendly to custom mandalorians but now they are and aren't many of you happy that they are? I remember some people being angry about it and leaving because TDH had "changed." But TDH has always been a board that has evolved and grown.

Yeah, there has been a lot of TDK stuff here but it has been in the OT forums and once the "cool" factor has been replaced with another big blockbuster, it will dissipate and be gone just like every other fad. Why so many people are worried about it is beyond me. I haven't seen recognition from the admins. Haven't seen them creating a Joker forum. Just not sure what all the hubbub is about.

As far as other SW characters and this forum are concerned, seems to me that most members at TDH are into multiple costumes and like to share their other interests so why not have a place for them to share it? Again, seems like a lot of concern over something that has been here for years anyway... Just my thoughts.
  24. Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Sep 20, 2008, 10:23 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #24

I really appreciate what Jodo and Art have to say above.

Personally, I suppose I am looking at it from more as a respect of what TDH stands for. I have not wanted to share any of my other costuming ventures, because this is designed for BH's.

I can definitely defer to the opinions of Jodo and Art, those who have been here a long time. As I mentioned earlier, it may be good to have a NON SW section. I know I would then feel more open to question and discuss other costumes, knowing that I am not "hijacking" a section, by discussing something unrelated.

I, in no way want to add dirt to the making of a mountain out of a molehill.

Cheers
    Debbi
  25. I helped at SDCC '08 GCNgamer128's Avatar
    Sep 20, 2008, 10:39 PM - Re: PLEASE READ! #25

I don't really care about TDK being posted on here, but lately it seems like it's just too much. Too many threads on the same topic, then it seems we just give them a section of their own to play in. I remember when that Iron Man costume came out, that was pretty cool, the end results were posted, but he didn't hang around to start a run of armour, to discuss what kind of LED system was used, etc.

I understand that The Dark Knight is quite popular now, a little too popular if you'd ask me, but keep in mind that there ARE Batman forums where these costumes fit in a little more. I don't think all of the Star Trek costumers would be too trilled if I showed up and started posting about new Power Ranger costumes. They are two completely different universes, and they don't fit in together. Dozens of custom mandos are pointed towards Mando Mercs every day, not saying they aren't welcome here, they definitely are, but that is their home too.

As it seems there are quite a few active members on these boards who don't really contribute at all to Star Wars, but I guess that's okay, they have fun here. However, until Boba Fett fights the Joker, I don't think they really need to be here. And as we all know, Boba Fett would win.