Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Pics of the original stormtrooper helmet sculpt.

Re: Pics of the original stormtrooper helmet sculpt.

tk7602 said: View Post
    any of those rebel helmets happen to be the fleet trooper? a bunch of us are having the "is it grey or white" argument again.
    No they were pilot helmets. I asked about the grey white thing though, as well as the rebel hanger crew suit colors and my response from that was the RFT troopers are eggshell colored white. Steve Sansweet also confirmed white. And hanger crew is not grey, but a "sand" color. Similar to the undershirts of Endor commandos

From
    Irvine, CA

Wolfie said: View Post
    No they were pilot helmets. I asked about the grey white thing though, as well as the rebel hanger crew suit colors and my response from that was the RFT troopers are eggshell colored white. Steve Sansweet also confirmed white. And hanger crew is not grey, but a "sand" color. Similar to the undershirts of Endor commandos

Eggshell is basically off-white isn't it...so that puts it somewhere between white and light grey.

Foxbatkllr said: View Post
    Eggshell is basically off-white isn't it...so that puts it somewhere between white and light grey.
    and that's the dilemma. we want to have the most accurate look we can get for our RFT group, but i haven't seen a single non-screen-cap pic of a screen used one.

we're leaning toward light grey, since that shouldn't be jarring to those that think white, but i should contrast a bit with the stormies.

and see... stormtrooper! back on topic!

so... anyone read any good 70 page AA arguments lately?

From
    Irvine, CA

I personally did light grey on my RFT helmet as did most of the people here in Sunrider Base.

Jango72 said: View Post
    That would be a very young George Lucas in the background of the first pic.
    Yeh, Looks like George.

I was being sarcastic.

From
    UK

Gino said: View Post
    I was being sarcastic.
    Ah the highest from of wit!

tk7602 said: View Post
    and that's the dilemma. we want to have the most accurate look we can get for our RFT group, but i haven't seen a single non-screen-cap pic of a screen used one.

we're leaning toward light grey, since that shouldn't be jarring to those that think white, but i should contrast a bit with the stormies.

and see... stormtrooper! back on topic!

so... anyone read any good 70 page AA arguments lately?
    well Sansweet says white. Archive folks told me eggshell. its also a matter of people asking you "why is your helmet grey?" because all toys and video games and comics have all been white.

i asked about the vs the walls thing, and the response to why they looked grayish or different white than the stormies, was different pulls of plastic and paint vs gloss reflections of the smoke visors.

so Florida went with a white, that isnt a pure white, but isnt grey at all either. problem with plastics is, even with TK armor some of your pieces are different color in different lighting since they didnt come from the same sheet of plastic when molded :/

I havent had interest in doing an RFT but next time I go to send a package to LFL I'll ask about pictures of RFT helmets. I'm curious if Steve has one cause he didnt hesitate at all with the "white" answer.

From
    australia

If this has already been covered i applogies for bringing it up again but who was the guy that originally designed and made boba fetts costume I read somewhere it was all done in England which seemed strange to me is this guy still alive ? what else has he made ?

From
    Las Vegas, NV

Mandalorian_Assassin said: View Post
    If this has already been covered i applogies for bringing it up again but who was the guy that originally designed and made boba fetts costume I read somewhere it was all done in England which seemed strange to me is this guy still alive ? what else has he made ?
    If you mean who sculpted the Fett helmet and armor it was a girl, not a guy. Unfortunately she passed away about 4 years ago. Beyond that, there was a whole team who were involved in assembling and finishing the Fett suit. most often John Johnston and or/ Ralph McQuarrie are given dual credit for the design and idea. Jose did some work on the piece, but again, the Fett project was a joint effort amongst many skilled artisans.

From
    Omaha, NE

Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    If you mean who sculpted the Fett helmet and armor it was a girl, not a guy. Unfortunately she passed away about 4 years ago. Beyond that, there was a whole team who were involved in assembling and finishing the Fett suit. most often John Johnston and or/ Ralph McQuarrie are given dual credit for the design and idea. Jose did some work on the piece, but again, the Fett project was a joint effort amongst many skilled artisans.
    ...and still is

From
    australia

ah thx for the info

formerly NoHumorMan Too Much Garlic's Avatar

Does that "she" got a name... now that we are talking about sculptors of stuff?

Brak's Buddy said: View Post
    Jose did some work on the piece, but again, the Fett project was a joint effort amongst many skilled artisans.
    Jose?

1007_no_chicken_tsst-jpg