Subscribe
    Dec 27, 2009, 1:32 PM - Phase I grunt #1

Thought I'd go ahead and post a few pics of my phase I clonetrooper grunt before I let this go. Clonesix armor, steelblitz straps and compad, custom neck seal and upper undersuit, and the boots are custom made by Hippo.. Still needs some work with the weathering and was thinking about upgrading the boot straps and possibly elbows and knee armor. Let me know what you guys think...

Dec 27, 2009, 2:19 PM - Re: Phase I grunt #2

The helmet looks brownish white but not the rest of the armor. I would try to improve that.
    And yes, boots should be upgraded.
    Otherwise is a really good costume, very good work, congratulations!
    Dec 27, 2009, 2:52 PM - Re: Phase I grunt #3

Yeah, thats part of what I was referring to when I mentioned the weathering needing to be worked on. It wasnt so obvious until after looking at the photos taken outdoors. Also if you look at my hand armor, you can see they're nice and clean, lol. I'll post some more pics here after I correct the weathering, and find someone to help me suit up. You'd think it'd be easy, but you really need someone with experience to help you suit up sometimes. My left bicep armor ended up being turned outwards and my left knee strap wasnt positioned quite right either. I've got a trooping event next week at space center Houston, so hopefully I can get some pics then. Thanks for the compliment though!
    Dec 27, 2009, 8:17 PM - Re: Phase I grunt #4

Beautiful! but I am bias. It seems to have a propper scuffed look, not overly done.

Nice job on the fit. It looks like you had to cut the legs down a bit. Everything goes together well. From the photos, it appears as if different brands of white paint were used on the helmet and armor.

Troop on.