Subscribe
    Aug 4, 2011, 5:28 AM - Pepakura B.A.R.C #1

I am relatively new to pep, and am wondering if anyone could help me along my 4th build (and biggest one yet) with any tips. Any recommended glue? Techniques? Really anything that will help. I have all necessary materials (including time) just would appreciate some tips. Oh, and it needs to be available in Australia (No American brands )
  2. Member Since
    May 2011
    Aug 4, 2011, 5:58 AM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #2

tape, lots and lots of tape
    Aug 5, 2011, 11:38 AM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #3

Quote Mrpanic241 said: View Post
    tape, lots and lots of tape
    Heh, never tried tape. Thanks for the advice.
  4. Member Since
    May 2011
    Aug 6, 2011, 6:31 PM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #4

lots of people use glue sticks, but i despise those stupid things so i just use scotch tape (its like a dollar for 100 ft of the stuff at walmart) it also gives the pep kind of a laminated effect and holds em together pretty well if i do say so myself. One other tip is to "score" the folds before cutting out the pieces. just lightly, and i do mean lightly, cut the fold lines with an exacto knife. this will allow you to fold all those tiny lines easily.
    Aug 6, 2011, 9:27 PM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #5

Quote Mrpanic241 said: View Post
    lots of people use glue sticks, but i despise those stupid things so i just use scotch tape (its like a dollar for 100 ft of the stuff at walmart) it also gives the pep kind of a laminated effect and holds em together pretty well if i do say so myself. One other tip is to "score" the folds before cutting out the pieces. just lightly, and i do mean lightly, cut the fold lines with an exacto knife. this will allow you to fold all those tiny lines easily.
    Yeah, I recently started doing that, but with a butter knife. I find it has a lesser chance to completely ruin it if you go too fast or hard on the line. It works really well. And as for the tape, that doesn't make it lose shape? I tried superglue in the past, ended up with a mess of soaked-in superglue blotches instead of a helmet (It did look pretty funny). I know some people use hot glue, but that seems impractical. I'll try the tape, and thanks for the help
  6. Member Since
    May 2011
    Aug 9, 2011, 6:40 PM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #6

Ive never had any misshaping with any of my peps. just make sure to line those little numbers up as close as possible!
    Aug 16, 2011, 10:23 PM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #7

Maybe it's the cardstock I'm using. I was confused as to thickness, because we don't have pounds in Australia. We have GSM. Any conversion rate? I'm using 160 GSM.
  8. Member Since
    May 2011
    Aug 17, 2011, 2:18 AM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #8

not sure about conversion but in the states we use 110.
  9. Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Nov 8, 2011, 2:53 AM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #9

would these templates be good for phase 1 clones??
  10. Member Since
    May 2010
    Apr 25, 2012, 11:27 PM - Re: Pepakura B.A.R.C #10

I started out using super glue on my halo helmet and quickly found out that it was a lot of trouble. Not really sturdy either. I started using hot glue and it works great. You have to be careful not to burn your self. My gun does not have an adjustable temp so it gets really hot, but the hot glue is super sturdy and helps everything keep it's shape.