New 'stume

From
    Porterville, California

New 'stume

Big thanks goes out to Mr Fett, for passing on to me his very cool Tusken.:thumbup
    I was able to troop in it a few weekends ago at our LegoLand's Star Wars Weekend event. It's now on a manequin in the garage and gets double takes from everyone who passes by when I'm working in the garage with the door open.
    Fortunately I'm able to use it as a very good reference as I'm working on my dad's suit. His mask is the one seen in the background. The last pic was borrowed from Tk Fett of the Southern California Garrison, at the LegoLand event.

Cheers,
    Cruzer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tusky2-jpg   tusky1-jpg   tusky-jpg  

Last edited by Cruzer; Jun 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM.

Re: New 'stume

Did you make the mask?

That is amazing Cruzer!

G-Fett

From
    Indiana

Very nice! Andy does great work!

From
    Porterville, California

Yeah, Andy's work is great.
    The mask was already made when I recieved it, but I am in the middle of assembling a Godzilla mask for my father's costume.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails dsc03343-jpg  

Was this you, Lorenzo?

I was expecting to see you so close to the valley but I was looking for you and your son in Mandalorian costumes.....

Looks good.

From
    Porterville, California

tadams14 said: View Post
    Was this you, Lorenzo?

I was expecting to see you so close to the valley but I was looking for you and your son in Mandalorian costumes.....

Looks good.

Your son looks awesome! I wish I would have realized it was the two of you, but it's hard to see out of that mask. The Jedi next to me is from Visalia. Hopefully we can meet up again some other time.

From
    Orenburg.Russia

Wow,cool tusken,looks good!

From
    UK

Great lookin Tusken...

Very Nice.

From
    Porterville, California

Thanks guys for the compliments. I was very fortunate to obtain such a great suit already assembled. Unfortunately I couldn't keep my hands off the costume for too long and so various parts of it are already under renovation at the moment. I made a new respirator from an oil filter. I also finished the Godzilla Tusken mask kit for my dad's costume this past summer. Now, I'm in the middle of scratch building a mask base, and tore apart the mask in the pics to salvage the aluminum parts for use on the new build when it's finished. Oh, and I also started on an Ep1 rifle. Here are a few pics of the progress so far. Thanks

Last edited by Cruzer; Jan 9, 2010 at 10:11 AM.