Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
    Apr 22, 2009, 11:12 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #76

Dude, I have been waiting for this to happen for a long time. I hope I can get the funds for it soon!
    Apr 22, 2009, 11:54 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #77

Quote Commandder Mongoose said: View Post
    Wow, you truly are a Bondo legend! Great job!
    skygunbro is a bondo legend , my friend.
  3. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Apr 22, 2009, 12:55 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #78

Quote mrbungle said: View Post
    let me assume a popular seller's voice from TDH.......... aahhemm.

"This will be the most accurate suit ever. We managed to get measurments from a distance to bring you the most movie accurate and exact sizing ever. We snuck into the ILM archives and stole the real deal to make molds of the screen used costume.
    Now we are going to makes these availible to the good people of the Dented Helmet.
    I know it only cost me 200 bucks to make the complete costume but I will sell these kits on TDH for 9999 bucks. Because you guys are my personal piggy bank .........I mean we are a community and i am here to help you build the best costumes ever.
    "

BarcProud
    dude!! you kill me man ROFL!!

btw, I dont want the discount, just a resin cast of coa-coa wil do for me mate

call u later, once we got the little monsters squared away ;P

Nate

btw
    Quote mrbungle said: View Post
    yeah the next one should be cleaner and the rubber is a little old.
    now come on Tom, ur momma must have warned you abt the dangers of using old rubbers ;p
    Apr 22, 2009, 4:28 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #79

here are some more parts.

i designed the tank so the greeb should just fit in the slot made for it.

got the shins looking a little better.

here is the boot armor.

here the back plate that the tank will sit in.

forearm piece.
    Apr 28, 2009, 11:32 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #80

here are the belt buckles for the boot armor i made. the parts are made from a scrap piece of roof flashing. i made the greebs to be glued on the flashing.

here is the belt i just pulled. much cleaner than the first pull. i am experimenting alittle to try to get grey bars with a black background, that way we don't have to paint the rubber. you can see in the smaller belt where i added more tint to the rubber. the back of the belt is getting darker compared to the bars on the belt. i think it is possible to get the right look on the belts by playing with the tints added to the rubber. fill in the bars with the gray tinted rubber , then come right on top of it with black tinted rubber.

Apr 29, 2009, 6:00 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #81

That looks pretty dang sharp man. I like the boot belt thing goin on.
    I looks spify. Sorry if I sound odd. I just woke up from a 3 hour nap.
    May 18, 2009, 10:42 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #82

well , the vac table is up and running. FINALLY!!!! after burning up some plastic and tweeking the table i was able to pull the first test pieces.

everything is going pretty smooth now. i just have to do some work on the armor plugs, smooth things out here and there.

but overall the project is coming together. i ma going with .090 becuse the 125 stuff is not giving me the detail i want.

May 19, 2009, 11:26 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #83

here is the boot armor trimed and taped together to get idea of what they will look like. these will be seamless. slide the shin armor on then pull your boots on, then slide the armor down over the boots.

the toe armor will be tricky. because it will have to move some to walk. i am going to cut off the bottom buckle on the boots.

sorry about the pics , they are taken from a mirror.

May 19, 2009, 11:30 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #84

WOW! Love those boots!!!!!! Really, well done bro!
  10. May 20, 2009, 12:17 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #85

Looking great! It appears your test pulls are wavy, with regard to the rear half of the calve armor. A little fine tuning and your final pulls are going to be cleaner and tighter.
    May 20, 2009, 12:22 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #86

Ya know, seeing as you've done the leg armor, maybe a future project should be the Galactic Marine?

Did I mention that the leg armor is awesome?!! LOL!
  12. May 20, 2009, 12:30 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #87

I want to incorporate those into my snow commander rebuild. I am trying to get more Galactic Marine components in play this time.
  13. May 20, 2009, 12:33 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #88

Oh, who is the manufacturer of the boots?
    May 20, 2009, 12:35 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #89

That's something I'm interested in knowing too.
    May 25, 2009, 12:04 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #90

thanks for the comments guys.

the boots are gbx's. i am working on the wavyness now. i am making molds of most of my armor to make hydrocal copies to use on the vactable. so that should take care of some of the wavyness.

here is the pic of the first full kit pulled. i have to fine tune the chest and back plate so i get pulls that go all the way to the platen. i am using .125 hips and i am going to use .090 for the final pulls.
    May 25, 2009, 12:32 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #91

It's beautiful. May need some refining but it's stunning all the same.
    May 25, 2009, 7:02 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #92

here is the mock up of the armor on. fits pretty good. putting the tank throught the backplate is the most ricky part of this kit. t6he armor is just taped together. ignore the pistol sticking out of my paints..........S&W 40 cal.

May 27, 2009, 1:02 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #93

Love the boots!
    May 31, 2009, 9:14 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #94

thanks , what about the rest????
    Jun 4, 2009, 2:09 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #95

Looks great man! Awesome job so far!
    Jun 4, 2009, 2:20 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #96

It all looks awesome my friend! There's just something about those boots!
    Jun 4, 2009, 5:54 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #97

Looking good, can't wait to see it finished.
    Jun 4, 2009, 10:06 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #98

Forgot to say that helmet looks really awesome!!!
    Jun 7, 2009, 1:15 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #99

thanks guys.

here is various parts being put together.
    started glueing strips in the armor and putting it together.

here are the shins glued together.

tank and backplate

Jun 10, 2009, 4:43 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #100

so i ran out of plastic this morning while making other peoples armor.........don't worry i have anothe rshipment coming tommorow if the ups guy is nice to me. so......... lo and behold i had time for my stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got to put bondo on all my armor and got the shins, back plate and tank done. still working on my bicep pieces. aliitle more time and they will be ready to paint.

here is the shins i put the belts on to see what they would look like.

and i had a little time to work on my new helmet.