Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Feb 23, 2009, 5:12 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #26

Quote MandalorianWarrior87 said: View Post
    The more i see, the more i want! :P

Btw. Nate said he didn't want his and to send it to me instead
    OI! just noticed - hands off mister... its mine... MINESSSSS... my prrreecciioousssss......
    Feb 26, 2009, 12:31 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #27

Very nice Tom!

Cant wait to get this set. Will you make the run in ABS or FG?
    Also, put me on the list when you start.
    Feb 26, 2009, 1:06 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #28

thanks

it will be both. chest and back will be made of fiberglass and the rest will be abs.
    Mar 4, 2009, 3:27 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #29

here is the pretty much finished back and front plate. the tank greeb will be set into the tank , right now i just have it sitting there.

here is the start of the shin and boot armor.

nz jedi helped on these. thanks tim!!
  5. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 4, 2009, 4:59 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #30

we talked abt the banana curve to that shin piece - look like u and NZ have been working overtime! nice curves man!

the tank detail worked out nice too.

Nate
    Mar 4, 2009, 11:53 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #31

What a beauty!! Nice work there!
    Mar 11, 2009, 3:32 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #32

here is the boot armor so far. real tricky to get the right look. they will be vacformed. so should be able to cut to fit.

8. Member Since
    Aug 2008
    Mar 11, 2009, 3:47 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #33

coming along nicely i see

btw nice how-to on ur KS lid on BSN mate

Nate
    Mar 11, 2009, 11:44 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #34

thanks nate.

i am in the middle of building and painting one of my helmets up because i did not like certain things on the first paint up and destroyed the helmet trying to get the paint off. i know ....what a *******. so that is slowing me down on the armor build.
    but i hope to have the new halmet done soon and get back to the armor full time.

i pulled my first backplate and tank from the mold and it will work nicely. i have to mold up the tank greeb and the chest plate. **** rubber ain't cheap!!!
    Mar 12, 2009, 10:56 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #35

rubber ain't cheap indeed! i had a helmet mold fail this week... $80 worth of silicone in the trash.
    Mar 12, 2009, 11:51 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #36

i feel your pain STG. i had one fail about 2 weeks ago. just ordered 300 worth of rubber this morning. mumblemumblemumble..............................
    Mar 15, 2009, 4:41 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #37

here is the belt,cod and belt buckle make up. i plan to make the belt out of rubber. the cod and buckle will be made of abs.
    i left a flap at the top of the belt so you can glue the belt flap to the inside of the cummerbund. i will leave a flap at the top of the cod piece so the belt,cod and cummerbund are all connected so they don't shift around when you wear the costume.

here are the shins cut in half for the vactable. they are almost done just got to do some fine tuning to the centers of the shins and fill some small spots.
    Mar 21, 2009, 11:03 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #38

here is new helmet i just got done with. thought you guys might like to see it. i finally got the right tint for the lens and man it makes a world of difference!! i took some black paper to see what the vents would look like with the black paper going straight back , i like it. so here it is................... much better tahn my first try at painting this bucket.

Mar 27, 2009, 11:46 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #39

no real update, just converting all the armor over for vactable plugs. almost finished with my vactable.
    i hope to start producing armor by the end of april!!!!!!!!

yay for me!!!!!

i will post pics after i have all the armor plugs done.

i need to know what you guys think about what to form them out of.
    hips
    abs

or
    .125 on the thickness of the plastic.

my vote is hips , but you will have to lightly sand it before you paint and you get better detail, abs you do not.

LMK

tom
    Mar 28, 2009, 1:42 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #40

Plans to sell this in a kit at some point Tom?
    Mar 28, 2009, 9:22 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #41

i hope to , it is alot of work building this just to keep it to myself.
    Mar 28, 2009, 10:07 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #42

Quote mrbungle said: View Post
    no real update, just converting all the armor over for vactable plugs. almost finished with my vactable.
    i hope to start producing armor by the end of april!!!!!!!!

yay for me!!!!!

i will post pics after i have all the armor plugs done.

i need to know what you guys think about what to form them out of.
    hips
    abs

or
    .125 on the thickness of the plastic.

my vote is hips , but you will have to lightly sand it before you paint and you get better detail, abs you do not.

LMK

tom
    I say go for HIPS if that gets you better details/sharper pulls! And make it as sturdy as possible without loosing the details

Looking awesome and really tempting....
    Mar 28, 2009, 10:47 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #43

Quote mrbungle said: View Post
    i hope to , it is alot of work building this just to keep it to myself.
    That's what we like to hear! Can't wait to see the finished product. Looks great!
    Mar 29, 2009, 4:57 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #44

thanks for the comments

here is where i am now. still working on the transition from armor to armor plugs for vacforming. not to much more to go really. i have to get my vactable finished. then it will all be down hill to getting to the finished costume.

sorry about the bad pics.

i am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

20. Formely Jaing Skirata A'den Skirata's Avatar
    Mar 29, 2009, 6:09 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #45

Very nice work man. I've been watching it all along. This is one of my favorite clones! I think I'm probably too big to get a set if you produce them (6'06" 270-ish) unless you did an oversized run! But, I'd certainly be interested in at least a helmet!
    Mar 29, 2009, 8:16 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #46

Your work is beautiful man. I cant wait to see how it turns out when you finish the vactable. Don't give up.
    Mar 29, 2009, 8:28 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #47

Tom
    MAN, I been away toooo long, I can't believe that I've missed out on
    all your brillant progress on this fantastic suit.
    I'm going yo have to play catch up on all your brillant work on here
    and the BSN.
    Outstanding work my friend, simply outstanding
    Mar 29, 2009, 8:33 PM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #48

thanks for the kind replies guys.

the build is getting there.
    Mar 30, 2009, 1:14 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #49

WOW! I'd love to have a set when you're ready.
  25. Member Since
    Mar 2009
    Mar 30, 2009, 7:52 AM - Re: the new MB kashyyyk scout trooper build thread #50

Very interested in seeing more progress. Nice project.